These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
This HP Chromebook 14-c015dx is one of a line of Chromebooks released by various companies. This particular Chromebook was released in November of 2013 by HP. This device runs off of a 1.1 GHz Intel Celeron Processor 847 and comes equipped with a 4GB DDR3 SDRAM. The hard drive is a 16GB solid-state drive. This device is primarily used for internet browsing and document creation. Most if not all documents created on this device are stored on the google cloud due to the minimal amount of space in the device itself.
You can identify and distinguish this laptop from others by the plastic information strip on the bottom. On this information strip, about 3 inches in from the left will have small text reading: "Model: 14 - c015dx".
Track down problems with your Chromebook 14 here on our HP Pavilion 14-c015dx Chromebook troubleshooting page
- 1.1 GHz Intel Celeron Processor 847
- 2MB L3 Cache
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 DIMM)
- Maximum supported = 4GB
- 1 user accessible
- Intel HD graphics
- 14.0-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-blacklit display (1355 x 768)
- 16GB solid-state drive
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
- 2x2 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN
- Altec Lansing dual speakers
- Full-size island-style keyboard
- Touchpad supporting multi-touch gestures with on/off button
- Multi-format digital media card reader for Secure Digital and Mu
- 3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
- 1 HDMI
- 1 RJ-45 (LAN)
- 1 Headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack
- 0.81 in (min H)/ 0.83 in (max H) x 13.66 in (W) x 9.37 in (D)
- 3.96 lbs
- 65W AC adapter
- 4-Cell 37WHr 2.55Ah lithium-ion battery
ID Mech Description
- HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated digital microphone
- If you have any stripped screws, you can consult this iFixit Page for multiple options to see how to remove a stripped screw.