These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
For additional help on the HP Envy x360 15m-bq021dx, check out the device's Troubleshooting Page.
Background and Identification
The HP Envy x360 (Model number: 15m-bq021dx) was released to the public in October 15, 2009. The HP Envy series is a line of laptops and other products manufactured and sold by Hewlett-Packard.This included two high-performance models, the Envy 13 and the Envy 15.
The laptop weighs 2.15 kg with the dimensions of 35.97 x 24.88 x 1.96 cm and offers two color choices a gold, metal exterior, or a fully black color. It provides 8GB memory and 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA storage that can also be customized from the site. The HP Envy x360 has different ports including a USB Type-C, Micro USB, 1 multi-format SD media card reader and an AUX in-put. It’s a 15.6’’ FHD display (1920 x 1080). The HP Envy x360 model comes with a 3-cell, 55.8 Wh Li-ion, ''that supports a fast charging feature for it’s battery (approximately 50% in 45 minutes).
The HP Envy x360 also has an AMD Radeon Vega 6 graphics which allows fast editing on applications such as Final Cut Pro and the Adobe editing applications.This laptop also has an AMD Quad-Core FX™ 9800P APU 2.7 GHz base frequency with up to 3.6 GHz burst frequency. It comes with an installed windows 10 home 64.
Hp has also released 4 other versions of the HP Envy x360. The HP Envy x360 -13z is the most recent model that was released. This model has a faster processor, weighs less, has a faster charging capability, and a touch screen that can be flipped to transform into a tablet instead. The newest models only include USB type C; getting rid of the Micro USB or SD card inputs.
- Product Name: HP ENVY x360 - 15m-bq021dx
- Dimensions: 35.97 x 24.88 x 1.96 cm
- Weight: 2.15 kg
- Webcam: HP Wide Vision FHD IR Camera with integrated dual array digital microphone
- Micropresser: AMD Quad-Core FX™ 9800P APU (2.7 GHz base frequency, up to 3.6 GHz burst frequency, 2 MB cache)
- Video Graphics: AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics
- Audio Features: Bang and Olufsen, dual speakers
- External Ports: 1 USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (1 HP Sleep and Charge); 1 HDMI; 1 headphone/microphone combo
- Expansion Slots: 1 multi-format SD media card reader
- Power Supply Type: 45 W AC power adapter.
- Battery Type: 3-cell, 55.8 Wh Li-ion ''
- Memory: 8 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (1x8GB)
- Hard Drive: 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
- Display: 15.6" diagonal FHD IPS WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (1920 x 1080)
- Keyboard: Full-size island-style backlit keyboard with numeric keypad
- Wireless Connectivity: Intel® 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo