These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
This HP laptop has a 14 inch screen. 14 inch computers are pretty middle of the road when it comes to size, which makes them reasonably portable without losing too much processing power. Most gaming laptops are at least 14 inches or larger. This size of computer is popular with students or professionals who need a portable laptop, but still want it to be full size for better typing and visuals. This laptop is referred to a notebook in some places. This used to refer to a type of small, light laptop, but the distinction is rarely ever used.
To find your exact model of HP laptop, look for the serial number and/or the model number. This is often on the bottom or side of the laptop, or in the battery compartment if the battery is removable. You can enter these numbers into the HP support website for troubleshooting and specifications from the manufacturer.
- Product Number: F4H88LA
- Dimensions: 2.53 cm (H) x 34.5 cm (W) x 24.4 cm (D)
- Weight: 1910g
- Operating System: Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- Microprocessor: 2.16GHz Intel Pentium N3530 Processor with Turbo Boost up to 2.58GHz
- Processor: Quad Core Processor
- Memory: 8GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 DIMM)
- Max Memory: 16GB
- Display: 14.0-inch diagonal HD BrightView WLED-backlit display (1366 x 768)
- Hard Drive: 750GB 5400RPM hard drive
- Power: 45W AC adapter
- Battery: 3-cell 31WHr 2.8Ah lithium-ion polymer battery