These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
The Chromebook is a line of tablets and laptops running a Linux-based Chrome operating system. They began selling to the public in 2011 by multiple technology companies like Acer, Samsung, Hp, and Dell. The Chromebook line has found most of its success in the education market, as they are very simple and linear devices. The Dell Chromebook 3180, released in 2017, is directed towards students and professionals, and supplies over 10 hours of battery life. Chromebooks are 58 percent of the 2.6 million mobile devices bought by US schools, and about 64 percent outside of the US.
The Dell Chromebook 3180 has a very simple, all-black design, with the circular Dell logo in the front, and another Dell logo under the display. The ports and slots include a combo headphone/microphone jack, a Noble Wedge Lock slot, a Dell activity light, an AC power, a USD Card Reader, a full-size HDMI, and a USB 3.1 Gen1.
- Brand: Dell
- CPU: Intel Celeron N3060
- Card Slots: SD memory reader
- Company Website: www.dell.com
- Hard Drive Size: 32GB
- Hard Drive Type: eMMC
- Highest Available Resolution: 1366 x 768
- Operating System: Google Chrome
- Ports (excluding USB): USB 3.0, HDMI, Headphone/Mic, Noble Lock
- RAM: 4GB
- RAM Upgradable to: 4GB
- Size: 11.94 x 8.11 x 0.81 inches
- Touchpad Size: 3.9 x 2.1 inches
- USB Ports: 2
- Warranty/Support: one year limited warranty
- Weight: 2.8 pounds