These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Figure out a number of problems with your Canon Optura 100MC at the Troubleshooting Page.
Identification and Background ¶
On the bottom of the camcorder, locate the label identifying the camcorder as the Canon Optura 100MC next to the open/eject button. The camcorder also has a green label on the outside of the LCD screen panel that says "Optura 100MC."
The Canon Optura 100MC is a digital camcorder utilizing miniDV tapes complete with a color viewfinder screen that opens on the side. The Optura 100MC is the first Canon camcorder to use a special zoom lens glass enabling 10x optical zoom and 200x digital zoom. Because it records audio and video as 100% digital signal, its recordings can be transfered to an editing computer with no loss in quality.
In early 2003 Canon released the successor of the Optura 100MC, the Optura 200MC.
- Dimensions: 2 1/2 x 5 1/8 x 5 1/8 in. (66 x 131 x 129mm)
- Weight: 1lb 7 1/4 oz. (660g) (Not including lens and battery)
- Power Supply: 7.4 V DC (Battery) 9.5 V DC (DC IN)
- Power Consumption: 4.7 W (using viewfinder), 5.4 W (using LCD screen)
- Video Recording system: 3 rotary heads, helical scanning system, DV system (consumer digital VCR SD system), Digital component recording
- Audio Recording system: PCM digital sound: 16-bit (48 kHz/2 ch.); 12 bit (32 kHz/4 ch.)
- Mic input on body (1/8" jack)
- Analog Video insert/output (Yellow Composite/Black S-Video)
- Headphone output (1/8" jack)
- Audio input/output (White&Red Composite/Black S-Video)
- SD Memory Card Slot (8MB holds 25 Standard Quality Images)