These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Step-by-step troubleshoot of hardware and software problems using the BlackBerry 7100g troubleshooting guide.
Use these repair guides and instructions to replace any faulty hardware or software once you've purchased the BlackBerry's parts you need.
A list of common device parts needed:
- 960/1000 mAh Battery
- ARM 9EJ-S Core CPU (Motherboard)
- Housing Kit
- BlackBerry 7100g LCD screen
Note: These parts can be found at BlackBerry repair shop.
Identification and Background
The BlackBerry 7100g is a RIM BlackBerry OS 4.0 and a PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) featuring a large, 240x260 pixel, high-resolution color LCD screen. It also functions as a hand-held organizer. Some capabilities of this stylish device are Bluetooth 1.1, text messaging, and internet browsing. The thumb-operated trackwheels will allow you to search easily. Features such as wireless email, wireless internet, and organizer will make life easier.
- 32 MB (Flash Memory)
- Approximate Battery life: 8 days (Standby time) or 4 hours (Talk time).
- Wireless Network: 850/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS networks in North America or 900/1800 MHz GSM/GPRS networks in Europe/Asia Pacific
- Screen replacement directions from DirectFix.com