Belkin WeMo Switch Teardown
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
Unveiled in 2013, the WeMo Switch is an internet connected light switch used to control household lights remotely by users. As a subsidiary of Belkin, the WeMO line consists of products that enable users to control home electronics remotely. These products include electrical plugs, motion sensors, light switches, cameras, light bulbs, and a mobile app.
The WeMo Switch works to replace an existing light switch and connects into the user’s home’s existing electrical wiring. Once installed, users can control their lights from anywhere, put them on a schedule, or use other triggers to control them via a smartphone or tablet. To control their lights, users need to install the free WeMo app that also keeps track of all their WeMo devices.
Included with the WeMo Switch is the WeMo Sensor which can be placed anywhere within the range of the Wi-Fi network used by the WeMo devices it is intended to control.
- Controls your homes wired lights from your iOS device
- Works with any Wi-Fi router and any Apple iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad with iOS v5 or higher
- Will be compatible with Android 4.0 or higher shortly after launch
- Operates over Wi-Fi and mobile internet, at home and away
- Works with the free WeMo app