Amazon Echo Dot Teardown
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification ¶
The Echo Dot [1st Generation] is the downsized alternative to Amazon's original cloud-connected Echo. It features the same Alexa Voice Search, LED ring, and seven-microphone array as the original Echo, but with a smaller speaker and 3.5 mm headphone jack to output audio to external speakers. The Echo Dot can be distinguished from the Echo by it's shorter form factor, and model number: S04WQR printed on the bottom.
Technical Specifications ¶
- Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi (MIMO)
- Supports 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi networks.
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo Dot or from Echo Dot to your bluetooth speaker
- Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices.
- Built-in speaker for voice feedback when not connected to external speakers
- 3.5mm auxiliary port and Bluetooth audio streaming
- Wi-Fi network
- Device running Fire OS, Android, and iOS
Size: 1.5" x 3.3" x 3.3" (38 mm x 84 mm x 84 mm)
Weight: 8.8 oz. (250 grams)
Additional Information ¶
Amazon: Official Page
Wikipedia: Amazon Echo