These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
The Toyota Tacoma is a pickup truck manufactured in the United States by Toyota, a Japanese automaker, since 1995. The first-generation Tacoma (1995-2004) was classified as a compact pickup, while the second-generation (2005-2015) and third-generation (2015 and onward) Tacoma trucks are classified as midsize pickup trucks.
The second-generation Toyota Tacoma was released in 2004 for the 2005 model year as a front-engine, rear-wheel-drive or four-wheel-drive pickup truck. The Tacoma was released in eighteen different configurations that include three cab configurations, four transmissions, two engines, and two bed lengths. The three cab configurations include regular cab, access cab, and double cab. The four transmissions consist of a four-speed automatic, five-speed automatic, five-speed manual, and six-speed manual. The two bed configurations are a short five-foot (1.5-meter) bed and a long six-foot (1.8-meter) bed.
The second-generation Tacoma received a 4.0-liter 1GR-FE V6 engine. The trucks feature a tow rating of 6,500 pounds and a payload capacity of 1,650 pounds. The Tacoma produces 236-horsepower and 266-foot-pounds of torque. The less expensive Tacoma model includes a 2.7-liter 2TR-FE four-cylinder engine that is rated at 159-horsepower and 180-foot-pounds of torque.
Toyota vehicles in the Americas can be identified by the Toyota emblem, which depicts three overlapping ellipses. Tacoma trucks also include an emblem with the name “Tacoma” in capital letters on the vehicles’ tailgates.
Body and Chassis:
- Layout: Front-engine, rear-wheel-drive/four-wheel drive
- 2.7 L 2TR-FE I4
- 4.0 L 1GR-FE V6
- 4-speed automatic
- 5-speed automatic
- 5-speed manual
- 6-speed manual
- Regular Cab 2WD: 109.4 in (2,779 mm)
- Regular Cab 4WD & PreRunner: 110.0 in (2,794 mm)
- Access Cab: 127.8 in (3,246 mm)/127.2 in (3,231 mm)
- Double Cab Long Bed: 140.9 in (3,579 mm)
- Regular Cab: 190.4 in (4,836 mm)
- Access Cab: 208.1 in (5,286 mm)
- Double Cab Short Bed: 208.1 in (5,286 mm)
- Double Cab Long Bed: 221.3 in (5,621 mm)
- 2WD Extended: 74.6 in (1,895 mm)
- 2WD Regular: 72.2 in (1,834 mm)
- 4WD: 74.7 in (1,897 mm)
- X-Runner: 74.0 in (1,880 mm)
- Extended Cab & 4WD Regular: 69.9 in (1,775 mm)
- Double Cab: 70.1 in (1,781 mm)
- Regular Cab 2WD: 65.7 in (1,669 mm)
- 2005–06 X-Runner: 65.2 in (1,656 mm)
- 2007–2015 X-Runner: 72.2 in (1,834 mm)
- Curb Weight: 3,550–4,220 lb (1,610–1,914 kg)