The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a multi-touch, slate-format smartphone with eye-tracking ability, increased storage, and a wireless charging option.

Fix for main speaker after water damage?!?

Galaxy III was splashed with water. I pulled the battery, wiped it down and left it open over night. Seemed to work fine for 2 days after. Then I heard the speaker humming when it was on the charger. Pulled the battery again and left it open. Now I noticed condensation inside both cameras and the flash. I let it air out and the condensation disappeared after a few hours. The next day all seemed to work fine (Wi-Fi, music, calls, texting, internet, touch screen and so on) but with in hours the main speaker just quit, not even a hum, crackle or buzz. Calls, headphones, and wifi direct still sound fine.

How do I fix or replace this speaker? Is this speaker gone for good? Will one of your dry bags save it eventually? (ah, if only I knew they existed before) I'd much rather buy one of your bags and tool kit than pay that evil deductible for a replacement.

thank you in advance.

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

I had the same problem. I took the mainboard out of the phone and soaked the top part in 91% rubbing alcohol overnight. Took it out in the morning and scrubbed the corrosion off with a brush. Speaker works great.

Most Helpful Answer

Wheneever you get an electronic wet you should always put it in a bag of rice. You could have possibly prevented this.

Anyways.. it is not too hard to replace. You just need to purchase a speaker assembly like this one,

http://compare.ebay.com/like/32095461568...

and look for how to breakdown the phone.

Hope this helps

Just blow dry it out

I just had this problem. I spilled some tea on my phone speaker. And it started to produce sounds pretty distorted and noisy. Sounds weird, but I didnt have a blow drier, so I just held it above a low flame. So that the heat dries up any moistures inside. And it actually worked like magic. Lol. Good luck.

Hey, I see that things like these can scare phone users as sometimes their minds race to a conclusion that is almost always not what ends ep happening. simply let your phone dry out . give it time, as sometimes water can go deeper within the phone, making it harder to dry. I hope this helped. if this does not work, go to your nearest samsung store and find out its issue. at this time an s3 is almost never used, as an upgrade to s5 and above is a smart move. good luck!

BatmanForever will be eternally grateful.