The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a multi-touch, slate-format smartphone with eye-tracking ability, increased storage, and a wireless charging option.

Fix for main speaker after water damage?!?

Galaxy III was splashed with water. I pulled the battery, wiped it down and left it open over night. Seemed to work fine for 2 days after. Then I heard the speaker humming when it was on the charger. Pulled the battery again and left it open. Now I noticed condensation inside both cameras and the flash. I let it air out and the condensation disappeared after a few hours. The next day all seemed to work fine (Wi-Fi, music, calls, texting, internet, touch screen and so on) but with in hours the main speaker just quit, not even a hum, crackle or buzz. Calls, headphones, and wifi direct still sound fine.

How do I fix or replace this speaker? Is this speaker gone for good? Will one of your dry bags save it eventually? (ah, if only I knew they existed before) I'd much rather buy one of your bags and tool kit than pay that evil deductible for a replacement.

thank you in advance.

I had the same problem. I took the mainboard out of the phone and soaked the top part in 91% rubbing alcohol overnight. Took it out in the morning and scrubbed the corrosion off with a brush. Speaker works great.

Most Helpful Answer

Wheneever you get an electronic wet you should always put it in a bag of rice. You could have possibly prevented this.

Anyways.. it is not too hard to replace. You just need to purchase a speaker assembly like this one,

http://compare.ebay.com/like/32095461568...

and look for how to breakdown the phone.

Hope this helps

Just blow dry it out

BatmanForever will be eternally grateful.