Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Microphone not working when calling, but ok when speaker on

I put my iphone in the laundry machine, by accident, after that, i tried to dry it the best i could.

That was 2 months ago, but my microphone does not work when I make a call, I always have to use it on speaker or with headphones.

What part do I need to replace?

thank you.

Replace the dock connector mic assembly, this mic only works on calls. the top mic works on apps and speakerphone.

Well my friend , i have a similar issue also ie; my microphone doesnt function while i try to place a call through my speakerphone. I could hear the other party what they are saying but they cannot hear me at all. I tried several ways but still couldn't resolve the issue. I contacted apple directly but they said that my iphone 4 is out of warranty and in order to troubleshoot the problem, they would need to sign me up on a $30 plan. I am still trying myself as its not guranteed, that apple would be able to solve the issue a 100%. Meantime you could try browsing through several websites on google that might help you sort it out yourself.

GOODLUCK!!!

miliii will be eternally grateful.