Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Can't hear caller on an incoming call, but can on outgoing

Very odd, this morning my phone fell off a shelf in the bathroom, twice. Nothing broke, I counted my blessings. But later I recieved a call and wasn't hear the caller. I returned the call and was able to hear them without any issues, so I thought the first call was just bad reception. But it has continued with other calls and now I am realizing I have an issue.

So to recap, I can hear on outbound calls but not incoming. Hope you guys can help.

Have you tried powering off and turning on again?

Yes, I have tried restarting. I have realized that I eventually am able to hear the other person but it takes 30 seconds or so.

It appears that it was a network issue. The fact that it started happening after falling off the shelf was coincidence. This was confirmed to me the next day when a customer called me reporting that exact same issue that started at the same time.

Joe Waldherr will be eternally grateful.