A tablet developed by HP in 2011 running the webOS platform. Boasts a 9.7" display, and is available in 16 or 32 GB. Repair is straightforward, but requires time and persistence.

Touchpad will not power on.

We bought a Touchpad at one of the firesales online; thus no warranty. Had it 3 weeks and it appeared to be stuck on the last page viewed (on a slant). We could not exit or power off, until we simultaneously pressed the volume up and power button at the same time. Now it will not power on. Have tried numerous cords and nothing. Help

Most Helpful Answer

Battery is the most likely reason. It sometimes (software bug?) lets the battery discharge below the safety levels for LiPo cells. This is your case since you let it "stuck" on a page until the voltage fell below safety levels. If the circuits detect that low level voltage, it does not even charge because it is said to be dangerous to charge a deep-discharged LiPo (fire danger).

Your best shot is to buy a replacement battery and have it replaced or do it yourself.

So, try to replace the battery. I did so and it worked...

BTW, I also tried reviving the battery by slow charging it with a RC LiPo charger but it was too deeply discharged!

how long do we wait

From where i got the new battery ???

try this reset mode- hold down power button and press the home key button on the front of the touchpad 15 times in a row. then release power.

When TouchPad will not respond to the power button and you know for a fact that the battery has a charge and or is plugged in to charger. Hold the power button along with the Home button and hold them together for 10-15 seconds. TouchPad will go in to a hard reset and will boot with the HP logo. You can then reboot to boot on to android if needed.

Hope this helps.. jcs

I have the same problem. I have hp touchpad. and it has cyanogenmod 9. I tried every combination, I even did the Hard Reset POWER + HOME (15s-30s). DOSENT WORK! Please help me! i need to get this fixed! :(

I think your best shot is to change the battery... It's not VERY hard to do but you have to be carefull in order not ot kill the device. Maybe you can have an expert do it for you.

Same problem i tried all the combination pressing power+home+volume button but still my TP is not powering ON.

shall i get any help even i am ready to pay money if some once can fix it for me.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Not an answer but a help request.

My HP Slate 500 was working fine but after last shut down, the power on button (upper rt slide switch) just moves

down, will not spring back up, and the hp slate does not turn on. It was not dropped or damaged at all, just a switch

and or spring problem. I am good with repairs, if I have instructions can I open the case and replace the switch

assembly or possibly correct the spring and/ or contact problem, but I need instructions to open the case. Any source for a schematic? from dbinma@cs.com

If I have the HP Touchpad connected to the AC power, is it possible to boot the tablet without the internal battery? I was hoping do that before I purchase a new battery.

Thank you

DP

It might be tough for an individual to remove the internal battery and plug in with direct ac power.

Thanks,

Mahesh

I can't login to my hp tablet

I need help I cannot log in my HP tablet

tried that . It goes off ,but afew seconds later it come back on.

Kathy will be eternally grateful.