Repair information for the 7" Android tablet by Samsung. Fixing this device is straightforward, and requires only common tools. The Samsung Galaxy Tab is an Android-based tablet computer produced by Samsung. The 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab is the first model in the series. It was introduced on September 2, 2010

Why are my menu buttons (home, search, back buttons) not working?

The menu buttons on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 aren't working. Why is this happening, and how can I fix it?

My munu buttons back back button and remaining two buttons are not working please help me what is problem

Thank my home button and my other to button is working now because I took it out off the case thank you for a good comment on the phone and tablet

Back key and recent key are not functioning

Is there any app which can show the botton on the screen

I had this problem. I realized that it wasn't actually a problem with the tablet. The case it was in was putting too much stress on the tablet, and this inhibited the home and other keys. Once I took it out of the case, it was fine.

I have the same problem, does this mean that we can't put the tablet in a case ?

You're right! I tried to put it off then it works! Put it on again, the home-search-back button not working again!

I just read this post because I was experiencing the same issue. I removed the case and boom all is working again! THANK YOU!

Same here...took it out of the case and now it works just fine

It's not "stress on the tablet"- it's the magnets in the folio that are affecting my device.

Dial on keypad *#2663#

and press on TSP FW Update and it will resolve back button problem..I searched lots of tips to solve it..i've done lots of solution they told..but this thing rescue me..Cheers

Thanks joel, it did work for me.

this is the only solution on the page that worked. thanks

Joel I dont know who you are or where you are from, but my simple words to you are THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH you are a life saver. Your solution worked like a charm :)

I dialed *#2663# in my lenovo k3 note for solution back key.it show invalid mmi code.what is the meaning of it? And please tell me how back key and middle key of lenovo k3 note will work?I m so worry about this please....

I wish this helped. I entered the code but it gives me an error message :(

i had same problem once i take it out from case i start working perfectly

what is meant by case?

I don't understand what do you mean by case and how does work

HEY guys

I have lenovo a 6000 and I got the same damm problem with home key,menu key, back key

so I go in care centre that say that my lenovo's touch pad is gone and its charges are 2800-3000rs

but I got the temparory solution

download application like EASY TOUCH, SIMPLE SETTING,HOME LOUNCHER or louncher with home key,back key,menu key

but the best is easy touch application

but remember its temparory solutions

hope it will help u

THANK U

but my back key is not gone.

I've also had this problem intermittently - have taken it out of its Bluetooth keyboard case (after a full factory reset seemed to have no effect at all) and it seems to be working... will see if it reoccurs! Thanks - I was nearly going to send it back to Samsung to try and get it fixed!

I had this happen to, I flashed the rom 4 times and even tried a 5.1.1 rom and still no back button.

I reflashed my rom back to 4.2.2 and all is good.

I haven't seen any fixes yet but personally, I hate lolipop anyway.

Also had this problem and like a previous comment said, it was the magnet on my case that made it stop working. I folded the magnetic flap so that it would be easier to hold the tablet. Once I unfolded it and just let it hang there, the buttons started working again.

One of the most common reason to android home button stopped working is system OS update or screen replacement. Let see some possible solutions that can fix home button not working on android phonehttps://www.bestusefultips.com/home-butt.... Also software key problem is the common hardware problem after update OS.

First of all restart your android phone or tablet. If not solve then try below solutions.

Fix home button not working android Nougat, marshmallow, lollipop:

Factory reset android phone:

Step 1: Open “Settings” app on your phone

Step 2: Tap “backup & reset” under personal section

Step 3: Touch “factory data reset

Step 4: Tap on “Reset phone

If you have a set screen lock on your device, you’ll need to draw pattern, PIN or password to unlock it.

Step 5: Tap “Erase everything

It will erase all data from you device’s internal storage

Step 6: When your device has finished erasing, select the option to reboot your device.

Step 7: After complete process, restore your data.

Reset android phone in recovery mode / Wipe cache partition:

Step 1: If turn on your phone, switch off it

Step 2: Press & hold the volume down button and the power button at the same time until the phone switch on.

You can view the Android system recovery screen on your device. By default “start” button seen on your android nougat 7.0.

Step 3: Press the volume down button until see recovery mode

Step 4: Press the power button to restart in recovery mode

You can see the above screen of android robot with red exclamation mark (red triangle) on phone screen.

Step 5: Press volume buttons to scroll to “wipe cache partition”, press the power button to select it.

This message seen on the screen: Wipe cache?

Step 6: To confirm, use volume buttons to scroll to “Yes” and press the power button to select it.

Clearing the cache data may take 1-2 minutes.

Step 7: Use the volume buttons to scroll to “reboot system now”, press the power button to select it.

I hope above given troubleshooting steps fix your home or power button not working android phone or tablet.

Try restarting your Device. I think it will work coz it worked out for me.

Good luck!!! ♡♡♡

It must be the case coz I only experinced this since yesterday after buying new case

Restarting the deice helps but the problem repeats soon again

It doesn't worked on me...

I have many time restart my lenovo k3 note for working of back key and middle still it is not working.what I will do? please tell me Joel....

I restarted the tablet and now it works! I hope this wont happen again. All you have to do is click the off button and turn it back on. NOTE: you do NOT have to turn your tablet ALL the way off! Just off & on. Ex: If the

If you cannot exit stuff, try the home button, then turn the device of and click the game and then turn it off. Hope I helped! :)

I had the same problem I heard it had something to do with the lollipop upgrade, no its not, all you have to do is ROOT your device and hey presto its working again it did it for me!.

How do i do that Peter?

Hi Guyz,

Its very simple way to get rid of this problem.You just download an app from play store named as

"Back Button (No root)" install it and enjoy the functionality of all buttons like home,back etc.Its actually helpful if your androids menu main menu buttons are not working.

or you can search via browser here it is :-

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...

Thanks,

Its really works plz try this.

Its really very good app. I have problem in my Lenovo K3 note yesterday onwards. when i approached service center they have informed screen and touch combo has to be changed for that he is charging 2000Rs. By this Back button app my work is so simple. Thanks a lot.. I had been using this mobile from past 21 months. But no issue. Only yesterday i face this back button not working. I though i ll go and buy new mobile MI-4 instead of reapair. but this app saved my money. Thank you guys..

I had seen this problem in my new Lenovo k3 note today.I remove both covers for 1 minutes and then put back.

Now It got worked

My recent apps button is not workin .. i already tried restore factory settings,restarting and nothing actually worked.. somebody please help me..

I have also same problem please help me...

You can try using the back button app from play store. It works like charm

I had the same problem with my galaxy after I replaced the screen, was really annoying, tried a few things first like factory reset updates install uninstall, nothing worked so I replaced the usb docking port circuit board whatever you call with the help of YouTube and it has worked fine ever since, the component was only 8 quid! Buzzing!

Yah thanks for your suggestions. It really works. My kids have wrongly put the case upside down . After putting in right position all keys are working. Thanks

Your battery is saving power,so get in there and turn off the restrictions in the Power Saving mode. I was worried too,I trust that you would figured it out.

Your phone when to Power Saving mode, and that will restrict your lights, apps, etc. Go to your Power saving menu and toggle it off

Did that still not functioning

This was activated on your phone to saver power, so find the menu setting; most likely in your battery settings and toggle it off. You'll figure it out

If you have power saving on your phone; it may be called battery saving, but you phone is saving energy and restricted some apps, so go find power mode in your phone and toggle it off.

Hope this article will help you out as the same issue was faced with me earlier...

http://infomash.net/home-button-not-work...

Install the touch keys app, if other part of the touch screen is working fine.

In my K4, I turned off CBAC in Power Manager and the soft keys are functional again..

But yes the picture quaility/display changed a little.. but am happy that the keys are operational..

No this was not helpful. Instead it was a waste of time to me (1/2 HOUR) because I search for the meaning of TSP FW Update and found dozens of meanings. Please people I assume this is a public site and most of us do not know all the acronyms! Please spell it out using ENGLISH words because the point in " CODING and DECODING" an idea is COMMUNICATION USING A KNOWN UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE.

enshad74 will be eternally grateful.