The Inspiron 1526 features AMD processors, Windows Vista, up to 4GB shared Dual Channel 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM, ATI Radeon Xpress 1270 graphics (integrated), 15.4" Wide Screen display and up to 250GB3 configured with a single 5400 RPM SATA hard drive.

2 blinking lights,fan on not booting?

Turn on my 1526 fan kick on but doesn't boot the buttons on the very top of console (under screen) 2 on the right blink the left says on normally these lights would be caps look (I think) and num lock... NEVER have had an issue in the 4 years I've owned it. Please help ....!

You may consider checking the ram. If you have a pair installed, remove them, put them back in and start up the system. If nothing then...

Remove both. Add one stick and try the system. If you have the same issue, remove that one and insert the other and try it.

Thank you John update: will not turn on now blue light in bottom left corner blinks makes a noise!! Did not get a chance to try the advice yet...

Thank you sir. It solved my problem on Dell insp. 6000.

Scott will be eternally grateful.