1

hasanito
35

MacBook Pro battery doesn't register

For repair quote, I had sent my wine-spilled macbook pro to a local mac shop. This was long time ago and didn't really had a chance to check the system after its returned, since the insurance paid to replace it.

However, since I still have the macbook, I wanted to continue using it.

It works perfectly ok, except it doesn't think there is any battery attached to it, so I have to have the power cord attached at all times.

I've checked the battery on other macbook pro's and it still has the full charge and perfectly in good order.

My guess is, my local mac shop somehow disconnected the battery connector or maybe some other irreplaceable damage on the mother board.

Is there a way to check this?

I do want to open up the macbook, if anything to sharpen my skills at it but I want to find out, what exactly to look for?

Edited by: hasanito ( ) , Richdave ( )

I installed istat (free version) and coconutBattery. On istat, W is 0.19 and Amp is 0.00... Coconut Battery shows N/A <Current charge> and <Current capacity>. All other parameters also shows N/A I suppose I'll have to open it up and have a look at it

hasanito,

2

Richdave

+ Download and install Coconut battery, it is a free program, click here to read about it and download it. Also download and install iStat, another free program, click here for that. Both of these programs monitor the charging circuitry and the battery condition from different reference points. Please tell us what they have to say about charging and the battery.

ABCellars,

1

hasanito
35

After 2 years, leaving the macbook to dust in my bookshelves, I opened it up the other day and discovered that the Batter connector as shown here was simply stuck under the main motherboard.

!!!!

now I have a working older but still working macbook!