Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

White screen, multi coloured lines and Odd short sound

I have an iPhone 3gs 32Gb and suddenly it went off and wont turn on. When i try pressing power button, multi colored lines appear and after a few seconds phone just switches off. When i use the hold button, it vibrates and when i switch the hold button again, it vibrates again. When I connect it to the PC, a sound is heard, white screen appears and iTunes detects phone and says newer version available. then suddenly phone gets disconnected and phone goes off again. Need help. How do i fix this?

Yea Nick. The problem was the screen. just put a new screen and the phone works like magic :P

loose or bad?

Bad. Now I have a new problem. Since its a jailbroken phone, suddenly for some reason, the IMEI, bluetooth and wifi are blank. :O. Anybody know what exactly is wrong?

try a restore, it could be bad software and re-jailbreak it

Try reconnecting the screen to the logicboard

If that does not work, it is the screen

If the issue is not solved with a new screen, it needs further troubleshooting

Prarth will be eternally grateful.