Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Replaced the power button, it still doesn't respond, what can I do?

My power button stopped responding a few months ago. It worked a little bit, once in a while, but I decided to get a new power button from iFixit. After replacing the button, it responds better than it previously did, but still, not as well as it did when I first got the phone. Is there something I can do so that the power button works better?

did you replace the button or the switch assy?

I used the "iPhone 3G and 3GS Power Button" kit. So, I guess that would mean I replaced the button. I don't even know what the switch assy is.

THIS part or just the BUTTON ?

Just the button.

Sounds like you need to consider replacing the cable assy which includes the actual switch.

Colby Ross will be eternally grateful.