Mid 2009 Model A1278 / 2.26 or 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo processor EMC 2326

No Power ON, Battery is loading

The MacBook ist loading the battery, but when I push the start button, I se no reaction, no sound, nothing.

Is there a option to bridge the power button on the logicboard?

Thanks rdklinc, but it is nor working. Have you other ideas?

the power button is design together w/ the keyboard if you dismantle your MBP unibody carefully, you can check your power button

@Arthur Bagumyan

Most Helpful Answer

Assuming you have a 13" MBP Mid 2009, the pads are here:

The picture is only of a small segment of the board, but you can find this just above and to the left of the keyboard ribbon cable (the 3/4" wide cable that plugs in along the front edge of the machine).

If bridging the pads is unsuccessful, try disconnecting the keyboard cable and then doing it, because sometimes that helps, depending on the defect.

What is the history of the machine? Was it working? Has there been liquid damage, was it dropped, etc.? I would try bridging the pads with various tools, because some don't work. If you un-twist a paperclip, that should work. Beyond that, test the memory slots by leaving one empty, powering on, and then by leaving the other empty, and powering on.

hmm....I had a similar problem where my mac would not turn on and prior to that the battery was dead meaning I needed a new battery so i ordered a new one let it charge but still no restart then i did the smc reset and still nothing....however i found this post about the bypass powerbutton and i was able to start the mac no problem. so is this question is for both Ifix and the original poster was your button bad? and is there a fix for the powerbutton ?

mfolta83 will be eternally grateful.