iPhone 3GS

Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Touch screen does not respond after replacing the whole glass panel.

I broke my iphone 3gs glass panel, i decided to replace the whole panel including the mid frame, i just kept the original display. After finishing my job on it, i turned on and the touch screen does not respond when i touch it with my fingers. I tryed to disconect the 1st, 2th, and 3th conectors, and put them back on their right place. I just can't find the solution. I tryed too many times.

Most Helpful Answer

Connector 2 is the touchscreen so just make sure thats not damaged in any way on both the motherboard and screen parts, try checking the pins under a microscope and give them a clean with also make sure you havn't damaged the small black ribbon loop that which is hidden behind all the cables next to the sim card when re-assembling the screen. Another trick is to salvage the sticky pad labelled number 2 off the old screen and stick it onto the new connector as this stops the plug popping off when the phone is re-assembled.

Failing that as long as the connector plug 2 on the motherboard isn't damged you may have to purchase another touchscreen and give it another go, you may of just been unlucky and bought a faulty new part...best of luck.

castillorene70 will be eternally grateful.