Model No. A1367 / 8, 16, 32, or 64 GB capacity

My iPod fell and the screen turned white, why?

I dropped my ipod and when i picked it up to look at it i couldnt see the screen it was just white and ive tried everything what can i do??

The white screen is really just your backlight working. You said you tried everything. Not quite sure what everything entails but try to "Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears." Also see if you can place it in DFU, follow this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla... video. You did not mention if itunes or your computer still recognize your iPod. My guess would be,no.

I tried that the apple logo never came up??

I had the same problem.

no u have to hold the home button while holding the home button hold the upper volume button and still holding that hold the off/on button until the apple logo appears on your screen.

The LCD connector on those is taped down with copper tape so I do not believe it came loose. Does it still make any noise when you plug it in or lock and unlock it? Chances are you need a new LCD/Digitizer assembly. This is a tricky one to replace and I recommend seeking professional help if you are not experienced with this sort of thing.

mine done the exact same thing please help I don't know what to do will it be fixed by restoring it on ITUNES or nah?

Either your LCD connector came loose or your LCD/Digi ASSY needs to be replaced. I suggest pushing really hard on the top/mid-right portion of the screen and then performing a hard reset using the Sleep and home buttons.

If a hard reset or putting it in dfu mode does not work.....White screen either is a bad lcd or a bad logic board. I have seen allot of bad logic boards in the 2nd and 3rd gens.

if you have dropped it in water which i did leave it on a radiator for a while it seems to fix it well this worked for me anyways :)

Hi! I had the same problem, my iPod fell on the floor and the screen is white as i turn it on.

iTunes recognizes it, it makes sounds as I unlock the screen. Tried to restore it, but nothing changed...

I´ll try the suggestions above.

Tks.

Hi!

I tried the two suggestions above and they didn't work....

Does someone have any idea what might be the problem?

It works fine with iTunes and does unlock, but the screen is white with a gray stripe on the side...

Thanks for any help!

Sounds like the connection is bad or the lcd was damaged during drop.

Butter Face.

If you would feel comfortable following the steps in this guide right here then go for it, it's almost guaranteed to solve your problem.

iPod Touch 4th Generation Front Panel Replacement

If you want to go ahead with it you can find your part on eBay here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Touch-screen...

if you have a black one. If you have a white one,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270945846612?ssP...

Best of luck. It's not as hard as some people say. Just be careful and steady, don't push or pull too hard, and use common sense.

Shipping takes 2-4 weeks if you get it from China. If you get it from the US your shipping time will be 2-14 days, but it'll cost more.

i dropped my ipod on the floor and the screen turned white whenever i press the power button. cant off it neither can i see anything on the screen. my itunes recognizes it but i guess im tryibng to restore it now.

i cant restore my ipod as it needs my ipod to be unlocked but i cant even type my password as the scree is jus white.

I tried some of the suggestions like holding the buttons down but its still white. I can play music still and when I plug it in in makes the noise as if it was charging

Help please

tried home button & power ????????

When an Apple iPhone's screen turns white, it is usually due to a fall or other type of impact. According to Apple support, the problem is often easy to fix at home without any special tools. By conducting your own troubleshooting to resolve the problem, you can save the time and money it would take to visit an Apple Store for repair.

Rebooting the iPhone

When your screen goes white, Apple suggests that you try turning the iPhone off and then back on again. In many cases, the screen will be back to normal when the phone reboots. If your phone will not turn off, you can try to reset it by holding down the power and home buttons concurrently for at least 10 seconds until the screen flashes and the Apple logo appears.

Restoring From a Backup

If restarting and resetting the iPhone do not eliminate the white screen, Apple suggests that you restore the phone's software from a backup copy on your computer. To do so, you must connect the phone to your computer, launch iTunes, click on the device's name in the sidebar, choose "Summary" and click on "Restore iPhone." The phone will be restored to the last backup version, which means that you will lose any data or settings that you have added since the backup was created.

See more information here:

Whatsapp Recovery for iPhone

Restore whatsapp messages from itunes backup

jenny will be eternally grateful.