0

halobender
1

Why won't my device power up?

Why won't my device power up? No video, audio, does not charge, does not connect to pc.

Quick background

My wife dropped her matching 3gs into water and after letting it dry out in cilica for over 70 hours I took it apart and thoroughly cleaned it with alcohol and checked solder joints under a microscope. Reassembled home button didn't work seems to be pressed at all times and LCD backlight not functioning.

Decided to test that LCD in my working 3gs and it worked great. So I think I have her coil on the logic board as being the culprit to the LCD. Home button still broke and guessing I must just need to replace that.

Anyhow reassembled my working 3gs to find that it will not power on, will not connect to pc, and does nothing when plugged in.

The only thing I did before reassembling was to use a cotton swab with a very small amount of alcohol to clean inside headphone jack and USB connector. All cables are connected even though connector 1 does not seem to be latching well but holding it in place while attempting power still does nothing.

please help and I will start contributing all I can with other electronics

Well this has me stumped. I've checked all connections and came up empty.

halobender,

3

pollytintop

I'd just be a little bit more enthusiastic and lift the motherboard from the rear case/battery for a few hours. Sometimes they just like the fresh air, change of scenery, something decent on the tv...then reassemble the phone. Seems to reset the phone in someway.. while the phone is open I'd get the old multimeter out and check your battery has charge, some flat batteries just get too flat to charge at all. (may also just need to sit on the wall charger for a good hour..try that first?)