Battery not charging, liquid damage
Hello, I spilled some water into my MacBook Pro from behind (3 month ago). It was only a little bit of water. But since then I have a problem with the battery/charging.
The Computer works fine with the AC Adapter. First the light is red and after a while it turns green. The battery symbol shows first 0% and then it turns into a black X. If I take of the AC Adapter the computer shuts down immediatley.
An Apple dealer made a quick check and told me its only the battery which is dead, so I bought a new one, but its still the same. I checked the batteries in another Computer and its true, the old battery is dead and the new one is working.
In the system profiler it says "no battery installed",
if I push the button on the left side of the computer, it doesn't show any light, whatever battery I take.
Another Apple dealer here in Germany (the first one was in a foreign country) told me on the phone that its the logic board and it will be 800 Euro to change it.
I have a new system, 10.6.8 and I tried all the resets and whatever.
Does someone of you have any idea what I could try or change before changing the logic board?
Thanks a lot in advance and kind regards!
Is this a good question?