The JBL Charge 3 can be recognized by its distinct woven speaker cover and rubber accents. It was released in 2016 and features a fully waterproof design, 20 hours of playback time, and bluetooth connectivity.

Why won't it work without the battery.

My JBL Charge 3 battery has been bad for quite a while, and just recently it began to swell. The swelling made the cover breech. So I find your web page and I removed the battery and attempted to find a new one. A new battery with postage is almost expensive as buying a whole new charge 3.

So with that in mind I chose to just plug in the charger and run it off the charger without the battery it will not run off the charger. I threw away the battery well actually I left it at batteries plus so they would properly dispose of it. I kept the harness off the battery thinking that I would just have to twist the right wires together to make it run again with the charger. Any inside on this would be appreciated thank you.

If your JBL Charge 3 speaker is not playing sounds, lighting up, or turning on at all, see the JBL Charge 3 Won’t Turn On problem page for possible problems and solutions.

Batteries have built-in circuitry. Sometimes this is smart circuitry so that it will “talk” with the device and tell it that it’s present. Some devices (iPhone for example) won’t boot without a battery for this reason+because when it boots it requires battery power, then it will accept power from the charger to power it, once booted.

If the only problem is that the battery went bad, this is probably why.

Was anyone able to do a workaround to make the speaker work without the battery?. I didnt knew the battery was this soo expensive. And I thought I could run the speaker via USB port before, turns out the speaker is totally dependent on the battery. I planned on using this for years, turns out I was only able to use it for over a year and then its battery became shyte,, and I’m now stuck with a very weak battery and speaker that will sound shyte if I turn the volume to more than 40-50%. And even if I did, it would immediately shutdown after a few seconds. Ugggh. this is annoying, for an expensive speaker like this, I expected more. -_-

phylite will be eternally grateful.