The Samsung Galaxy Tab E 8.0, a touch screen tablet made by Samsung Electronics, was released in January 2016. This page includes repair information for model number SM-T377V.

Tablet screen won't turn on

my tablet dropped from the top of my brothers bunk bed onto a wood floor and now the screen is black, I still hear notifications and alarms but the screen is just dark like its turned off

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

Jyuicy Guy  most likely a broken display ( unlikely a dislodged cable). Use this guide Samsung Galaxy Tab E 8.0 Screen Replacement to open it up. It’ll allow you to check on the wiring and shows you how to replace the display.

An important thing to note is that there is a common fault on this model where it is just the display cable that gets loose from the logic board and needs to be reseated, additionally with tape added to stop it from getting loose again.

There's a common problem where the screen cable gets loose from the tablet's logic board and it just needs to be re-seated while the battery is disconnected:

Here is a video demonstrating the problem in detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-w3fP5b...

To stop it from happening again you'll need to add tape to stop it from moving back or getting loose again.

Jyuicy Guy will be eternally grateful.