Released September 22, 2017. Model A1864, A1897. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / gold, silver, and space gray.

Replacing glass screen & True Tone function

I cracked my phone yesterday, which normally wouldn’t have been a big issue but the crack is located over the front camera which distorts the lighting in pictures. I don’t think the LCD display is damaged and that only the glass part needs to be replaced. However, I did some research and found that True Tone disappears if you get it repaired by a third party (non Apple). Is that still an issue?

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

If you have access to an Ambient Light Sensor programmer, then you can copy over the settings from the original screen to the replacement one. Otherwise, you may want to have this done by an independent repair shop or by Apple in order to retain TrueTone.

The repair shop I’m planning to take it to isn’t an “apple authorized” place, however. Would that still disable True Tone?

Smm will be eternally grateful.