Dell Inspiron 15 (1564) was released in 2010.

Won't turn on even when plugged in

One day just doesn’t turn on no activity at all no HDD light, Power light or Battery light.

i dont understand please tell people how to get it to work with hardware issues and heat from air!!! and 2 weeks later it won’t turn on!!!!!!!!!!

I have a similar problem with my Latitude E7250 (i5-5300U)

When I push the power button, it lights up just for a split second, then dies.

The fan doesn’t even start spinning. I tried already the power refresh cycle, without success (and every combination of with/without battery or PSU, ecc ecc)

What could the next step be?

Thank you!

same problem with my inspiron 7567 "When I push the power button, it lights up just for a split second, then dies." same thing..

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

Try a power refresh and check if this resolves the problem.

Remove the charger (if connected) and the battery from the laptop. (Here’s a link to the ifixit Dell Inspiron 1564 Battery Replacement guide)

Press and hold the Power button for 30 seconds to drain any residual power from the laptop, then release the button.

Reconnect and switch on the charger to the laptop (leave the battery out at this stage).

Try to turn on the laptop.

If it starts OK, allow it to boot all the way to the Windows desktop, wait for the HDD activity to settle a bit, then shutdown the laptop in the normal manner.

When it has completely shutdown, switch off and disconnect the charger from the laptop.

Reinsert the battery into the laptop.

Reconnect and switch on the charger to the laptop.

Try to turn on the laptop.

If it starts OK, allow it to boot all the way to the Windows desktop, wait for the HDD activity to settle a bit, then check the charge status of the battery. if it is charging allow it to fully charge before switching off the charger and disconnecting it from the laptop.

When you say "….I know the battery is good….." how did you test this?

I'm wondering since you don't get any lights at all when plugging in the charger if there may be a problem with the DC-In jack (also known as the AC Adapter connector in the service manual), therefore no power into the laptop and the battery couldn't be charged and has gone flat.

Here's a link to the service manual for the laptop.

Click on the AC Adapter connector link at the top of the page in the manual to go to the relevant section which shows the necessary pre-requisite steps and then the procedure to remove the connector.

When it is disconnected from the motherboard you can use an Ohmmeter to test it for continuity to make sure that it is OK.

If it is faulty here's a link to a supplier of the part. It's shown just to give you an idea of the cost of the part. There are other suppliers who may suit you better.

Just search for Dell Inspiron 1564 DC-In jack part to get results.

it didn't work. I did exactly what you said. I confirmed the charger wasn't the issue and I know the battery is good but I had no lights, fans or any noises If you know anything else it would help. thank you for telling me about the power refresh.

Emmett Roberts will be eternally grateful.