Guides and support for various TV brands and styles.

Roku Smart TV won't turn on

My Roku Smart TV will not turn on. My TV came with the Roku “Standard IR (infrared) Remote”. So first I checked all connections and plug to outlet were all secure. Then I grabbed some brand new AAA batteries and replaced the remote batteries. Still nothing!! So I moved the TV into 3 other rooms trying different outlets (live in apartment). Nothing!! After some research I found out (via manufacture) how to verify that my remote was working so that's not the problem (I think)!! The power button on the TV won't turn it on and the remote doesn't turn it on and this Smart TV is only 3 or 4 months old. Any ideas???

My 55” TCL 6 series 55R615 is having the same problem. Does not turn on at all and reset button did not help. This TV is just over a year old and is in a spare room. Probably has less than 100hrs viewing on it. I am not happy at all.

Mine just did the same thing nothing is working to turn it on not even resting it

Most Helpful Answer

I had the same problem. I found a reset button on the side of my Roku tv below the cable and hdmi inputs. I pushed that with the TV plugged in and it came back on.

WOW! this simple action did it! i had never seen the small reset buton. I barely touched it and it came on! thanks a million!

So simple! Thanks for making ironing day a little more enjoyable.

my TCL 49D100 does not have a reset button on the HDMI and cable inputs, where else could it be?

The tv turns on, but can't switch to hdmi or apps with the remote control

The tv turns on, but the remote control won't work,despite the change of batteries

@aswihart

you do want to go ahead and check the power cord. After that you will have to remove the back from your TV and check the button bar as well as the power board. Let us know what the exact model of your TV is and if you remove the back post some pictures of your circuit boards with your question. That way we can see what you see and possibly help you to identify est points. It may be as simple as a bad fuse. Remember, your power board will always show power on the input. The TV gets turned on by the signal from the button bar/IR board to the main board to turn on the power to the rest of the TV. Adding images to an existing question

When you have chosen the wrong input selection in your TV or the streaming device, you will receive this '''go.roku.com/selectinput''' errors. To fix the issue, try correcting the input cords properly. If the problem still persists, then it might be with your HDMI cable.

Trying to get the tv to turn on period

Adreena Swihart will be eternally grateful.