Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

Phone isn't charging, tried a new dock assembly

Hey.. so I have a iPhone 6 that isn't charging so I ordered a new charging port. It charges when it is turned off but when I power the phone on it doesn't charge at all. I took the old one out and tried the new one out of the phone and it was actually charging when the phone was on. But when I put the phone back together it wasn't charging when it was turned on.. any ideas? Has original battery but in settings it said it had 83% of the battery on battery health.

Thanks!!

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

After a few hours of trouble shooting I noticed there was a screw missing (bought it off eBay, probably ill repaired) and it was a very important screw because it holds down a grounding pad. Fixed and charges now.

@ajcooke01 this is not an update to a question. It is the solution to the issue.

That screw was the missing piece of the puzzle, good job on determining that it was missing! Sounds like you have your problem solved.

@oldturkey03 i didn’t see an option for accepting it as the solution so i figured updating the question would be substantial.

@ajcooke01 whereas your answer is actually a comment to the OP about resolving the issue.

@oldturkey03 i was too lazy to move it, lol

Jack Tokheim will be eternally grateful.