Rapid battery drain & Over heating just below rear camera

My iPhone 6s is draining the battery extremely fast and is heating up just below the rear camera. The phone operates for about 5-10 minutes then gives the overheating warning. I have tried a new battery and the problem still persists

Free shipping on orders over $20
Use code BLUEANDBLACK at checkout
Free shipping on orders over $20
Use code BLUEANDBLACK

Most Helpful Answer

You need to start disconnecting components until you’ve figured out what is causing this issue. An easy way to do this is to simply put the screen at max brightness and set the Auto-Lock to Never. Start by testing the telephone as-is to set a benchmark . A normal should deplete ~4.5 hours, depending on the condition of the battery.

Then disconnect the Rear Camera and do the same test. Then do it again with the Front Camera removed etc. until you figure out which part is causing the rapid battery drain. Always remember to disconnect the battery prior to disassembling or re-assembling the innards.

Hi I disconnected all modular components just down to the battery and screen, The phone is still overheating.

Does the wifi function fine on the phone without issues? I found out that in most cases the problem is caused by the wifi chip overheating due to short circuit.

This happens after dropping the phone, a common issue that occurs on the 6s models where a component on the board gets damaged relating to wifi.

Preynolds will be eternally grateful.