Repair guides and support for LED, LCD, HD and other Vizio TVs.

My Vizio smart tv won't show up in the Vizio smartcast app device list

Hi, me and my bf's family have a Vizio smart tv in our living room. I have no idea if it is an e, m, or p series.. Whatever that means.. And it did not come with a tablet that it apparently can come with? We bought ours at walmart. It has smartcasting that I am aware of but the problem is.. I can download Vizio smartcast app on my phone but our Vizio smart tv won't show up in the device listing... I've seen several walk throughs of people demonstrating how to smartcast to your smart tv wirelessly and I followed the steps exactly to the t.. But my problem is.. None of the walk throughs help people when it comes to the smartcast displaying "no device found", when clearly both my phone and tv are wirelessly connected to the same wifi!! So the main question is.. How do I help my vizio smartcast app find my Vizio model D60-D3 smart tv??? I have searched website after website on how to troubleshoot this elusive problem but to avail.. No solution.. So I beg you, please help me to the best of your abilities because the Vizio smart tv we have can stream youtube from my phone just fine.. But trying to stream movies from terrarium tv off my phone to the Vizio smart tv is like pulling teeth! It should not be this difficult to figure out!! I'm in my late twenties for god sake! I should not be having this much trouble..

HI @dawnreaver91 ,

Have you got the latest version of the app installed in the phone?

Have you checked that the TV has the latest firmware installed?

Can you make the phone act as a TV remote control for the TV by using the Smartcast app? (I realize that the app uses BT when used in this manner and not WiFi but I just wanted to check that the app was working OK

I'm having the same problem so if someone comes up with an answer it's be awesome

How do I go about adding Chromecast to the tv app list if I don' have it. I can't find anywhere that I can download a new app to this tv cuz I'm having the same issue not being able to see my tv come up when trying to add a new device to the smartcast mobile app. I even tried using Chromecast on my tablet and it can't even pick up my tv when trying to add device. My tv is only a couple months old. I don't think it's capable of sending out a signal to connect to and yes everything is running on the same WiFi network.

I have the same problem, my tv does connect to some other app remotes but why not to vizio app?

My vizio smart tv which is now 4 years old has the same issue that you all described. It has a casting app named aircast live. I downloaded that app to my phone and when trying to connect it took me to a site that said the app was no longer supported. A shame u can't update the firmware in the

Most Helpful Answer

The thing is, some Vizio TVs don't have Chromecast inside them. They have Vizio's proprietary streaming device that will allow you to throw YouTube and in some cases Google play Movies but not much else. Unfortunately a Chromecast or a roku is needed. Vizio TVs with Smartcast have a Chromecast in em, if you have a Vizio with Yahoo apps, you are going to need a Chromecast.

I had the same issue and finally found a solution that worked for me. I disconnected my TV from my home wifi by attempting to connect to someone else's with a guessed password. Once the wifi was disconnected, the TV broadcasted its own wifi signal and displayed in the smartcast app setup process. The rest of the setup process worked after that.

Ann will be eternally grateful.