Parts & Tools

Introduced in March 2009, The Mac Pro (Early 2009) introduced Intel's Nehalem architecture to Apple's professional desktop line and introduced a subtle redesigned interior that remained through the 2010 and 2012 CPU updates.

Mac Backup Software -Backup 2 internal HD's scheduled full/incremental

Can anyone recommend good Mac Backup Program to backup 2 internal hard drives in Mac Pro. Time Machine only backs up operating system drive and can't specify other internal drives/folders.

It needs to be scheduled and do full and incremental backups of the 2 internal hard drives to an external hard drive.

Any suggestions much appreciated :)

Most Helpful Answer

Since you need to schedule the backups at a specific time frame the best option would be Carbon copy cloner. The app is $30 but you can schedule backups anytime and it has alot more options than Time machine.

So with Carbon Copy Cloner you can just backup certain folders from various internal/external hard drives without the need to do clone backup?

I would recommend a proper backup app ‘Cloning software’ is an imager app that makes a full image of the drive (partition) to a second drive so all of the data is moved en-mass to the second drive. This is very heavy processing wise and can wear the drives if used as a backup solution daily!

Here’s one app: Get Backup Pro It offers a full suite of options.

I prefer syncing apps which are much lighter in process load and take a lot less time! This is what I use: File Synchronization. I have a Mac mini which is my server which all my systems use for a backup end point. I have folders which are unique to a given system and other folders which have the same data across all of the systems. I’ve been using it for a few years so I’m invested to it.

I still use TimeMachine for a backup of my basic system config so if I kill my systems boot drive I can rebuild quickly.

Adrian will be eternally grateful.