Also known as the PS one, or the PSone, this device is the slim version of the original PlayStation, released in 2000.

MY PSOne won't read discs

Recently, I decided to go retro and bought an old PSOne console with the LCD screen component that goes on top. The screen works fine but the console itself is having some problems. I tried to play a disc and at first, it runs then it gets to the Sony logo screen before it resets and starts the loading process again. The console will keep doing this unless you turn it off. At first I thought it was the game disc so I inserted a CD and it did the same thing. I'm still relatively new to all this and I'm not sure if it's either the laser lens or the spindle but I don't hear any scratching or loose parts inside the console. Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be?

Hi @razor87 , you mean CD, I mean audio cd?

and they are not able to play? anyway parts for this slim lens is also hard to find in market now.

Yeah, I meant audio CDs.

Hi, I have a PSOne that is not reading discs either. It starts to spin and then stops and just goes to the memory card / cd player screen. I have tried cleaning the lens with isopropyl alcohol (which worked on a PS2 that I had previously) but I am still having the same trouble. Can anyone help?

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

You will need to either provide to us or do a little research on the specific PS1 revision you have. Lasers and drives now adays are plentiful and cheap on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=pl...

I'm not 100% certain which PS1 revision it is but what I can tell you is that it's the PSOne slim remodel that came after the original PSX model. Whenever I put in a game disc, the console starts up, the playstation logo appears and then it stops spinning only to restart the process again. When I do this with an audio CD, it proceeds to take me to the menu that lets you play music but whenever you try to listen to a track, it just repeats the process like with a game disc. I'm hoping that it's the lens and that it only requires a cleaning but I'm not sure.

is the system getting enough volts to completely run it? i had that problem with one i got but as soon as it got the right amount of voltage it worked fine.

How did you provide the right amount of voltage. What component was problematic?

My disc won spinning too, iv done adjusting lens optic bias and volt, its didnt run anyway… the motor of cd still sleep, but the lens working normaly,

itry to connect the 1,5v battery to the motor(dynamo) its working, but when inout it back as default, the motor still sleep…

i try many things and nothing!!!

should i wasting my money to buy new optic drive set? Or i should smack this thing

I’ve found out that a 4 times out of 5 it tends to be a motherboard issue, so you might as well buy a new PSone because they normally cost just as much the motherboards on eBay. Sorry!

Ramon Galvan will be eternally grateful.