iPod Touch

The current line of iPod Touch comprises five different generations.

disabled iPod touch... how do I fix it?

my ipod got locked and is now disabled. i forgot the password and the home button doesnt work. is there any way i can get my ipod into DFU mode without using buttons?

What does your screen tell you about your device being disabled?

by oldturkey03

it says IPOD DISABLED at the top and has no slide to unlock or password.

by Brock

My ipod got locked and now disabled. I forgot the pass code and unable to open. What shall I do.

by Princes Fiona Luuga

My I pod is disable and I do not have a computer so can I fix it with the buttons

by william davis

if you reset it does it erase everything on your ipod

by sonya crabtree

Apple says "If you cannot turn off the device using the slider, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons." So, in your case since you do not have a working home button, you may have some trouble with that. It looks to me that in order to get it properly reset, fix the home button first. It is really not that difficult and there are plenty of guides on here to help you with that. Once you have your home button fixed you can reset your iPod this way. Now there is a way to erase the password but I am not sure if this would work when you are already disabled. I guess you can always try and hope you have a windows computer :-) anyhow you plug in your iPod. Open My Computer (or Computer for Vista). Click on Folder options and enable to view hidden files. Next go to iPod_control and click on the folder named Device. If your iPod is locked, there will be a file _locked . Rename the file to _unlocked. Remove your iPod and it will be cleared, again not sure if it works for a disabled one. Just thought of something else. Make sure you have your library backed up. Once your ipod is plugged into your computer and it shows up as a drive you might have a try at thisGood Luck

Well, this is how I did it. It may not work the first few times, (as I experinced.) but it will work at some point.

step 1. Hold down power and home button for around 7-10 seconds.

step 2. Once it has turned off release your finger from the power button, while keep a finger on the home button.

step 3. The screen should go blank (black)

step 4. Open iTunes and something should come up. You have to download a software (that's what I had to do) and after the downloading is done, it restores your ipod.

I had alot of trouble making this work but on the like fourth or fifth try it acuallyy worked! And if I didnt make this clear yet, you will probaly have to try several times to get the screen blank. But in the end everythings ok because you got your ipod back!! Like I said, it will take alot of time trying, but it will work. I hope this works for you! Good luck! :) And if this was caused by you forgetting your passcode, I strongly suggest you use a easier code like 7-6-5-4 or 2-4-6-8 or something easy like that just so it doesnt happen agian! Good luck agan!! :)

And please do beware of it deleting everything on there, so really it will be like a brand new ipod. *******IT WILL DELETE EVERYTHING! LEAVING IT AS A NEW IPOD!**********

This worked amazing! I bought ipod off ebay that had been disabled, held down both home button and power button til screen went black and released power button, all while connected to my computer. ITunes popped up and said ipod in recovery mode and downloaded program to restore it. worked the first TIME!! Thanks :)

by Jessica

Perfect! Had an ipod touch 4th 4thGen which had been disabled (lost the pin code). Did as instructed here and got it recovered and now it´s working fine. But remember to hold the home button pressed while you connect it to your computer and start iTunes until it says your iPod is connected. Then follow iTunes instructions.

by zapata el loko

i tried to do that but the itunes thing doesn't come up i mean doesn't say anything bout restoring. :/

by fariha

Go on iTunes and click restore and it will ask you if you want to back up you iPod. Click yes and it will save all your stuff and then when your done restoring it will put you stuff back on there

Turn your ipod off im sure you can when the screen is diabled then hold the home key in then plug it into your computer (itunes) this will put your ipod into recovery mode then you must restore it well thats all that will come up. once it has restored you can re-sync it to your itunes.

this also works on pin locked iphones ipod etc etc etc....!

There are programs out there that can achieve things such as getting into recovery mode or if your stuck in recovery mode it will kick the device out of it. DFU mode is basically another kind of recovery mode other than the original one already detected by iTunes. DFU bypasses firmware issues, most of them.

A program called Recboot may help you in this occasion.

i have a link too download it but just check Google for future updates on the program.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nn1kzmmwkjg

If this doesn't work then just try to plug your device in and click restore. Make sure you have a backup of your device and simply restore it back to original. Even though i would extremely recommend you get your Home button fix pronto its just one of those things you need too have, but quick tip: if you get your iPod Touch back into original state and you are one of those who (Jailbrakes) their devices i would download through Cydia called Activator. This makes you be able to use functions like your home button would with any other button or even the status bar,ect & ect.

+ very sound advice.

by oldturkey03

My name is ahmed. if you have any questions ask me. plug your device to the computer. wait a moment and itunes will pop out. Click on the ipods main name. scroll down and you will see the word restore. Click on restore and your ipod will be restoring which means it is restarting. When the restore is finished then unplug your device. you will be using a new ipod.

Thank you everyone for the help! It was awesome!

But I think I know how to help you people like me; I changed my password and then couldn't remember it so I went on iTunes and pressed restore, and backed it up, right? But then it didn't work so then I finally realized that you have to press restore, and NOT BACKUP because then it just restores your iPod to the same password. But before you do this you have to import your photos so you don't lose them; how you do this is when you first plug in your iPod it will say import photos, or open file, so you press import photos its pretty straight forward from there.

Hopes this helps!

check the answer by lukesinnott sinnott

by oldturkey03

press off and home button for about 10 seconds then release off button and plug it into itunes in your computer then click restore if it does not work try again some more several times as i did to fix my ipod

i got to enable hidden files but where do i find ipod_control to go from there???

You need to plug it into the computer with usb cable then go onto itunes and restore it. try this website....

http://www.ask.com/answers/133002401/how...

hope this helped ;)

If you encrypt an iPod Touch backup on iTunes and then forget your password, you will not be able to restore from backup and your data will be unrecoverable. If you forget the password, you can continue to back up and use the device, however you will not be able to restore the encrypted backup to any device without the password. You do not need to enter the password for your backup each time you back up or sync.

If you cannot remember the password and want to start again, you can use a SmartKey iTunes Backup Password Recovery to unlock iTunes backup password at first.

I'm stuck the iPod needs to be trusted to the pc but I can't click trust pc because I'm locked out. How do you get by this issue. Thanks.

by imported2nv

my ipod says it is disabled connect to I tunes how can you connect to iTunes if it is disabled I don't get it this is driving me CRAZY.

i cant get mine coneccted to Itunes plez cantact me @ kalisummers14@gmail.com

by destiny

Mine too can you guys help me it says"IPOD IS DISABLE CONNECT TO ITUNES"

My ipodtouch says that it is disabled and connect to iTunes but I don't understand it?

mine says the same thing, it wont connect to itunes.

i end to disabled my ipad

My ipod touch is disabled for more than 1 year. When i connect it to my computer it says it disnt recognize my iPod because it has a passcode. How am i supposed to restore it now?

Tuba can you not read??

The answer is written here 3 or 4 times open your eyes

You will have no choice but to do a restore hold power and home let go of power after you see apple logo let power finger off keep holding home till you see the plug in I'm not sure if apple is still signing 8.1 if so you can do a restore to that firmware. Good luck

how do unlock my ipod it says its disabled and i need help ill give anybody head and let them &&^& me in the @%^ hard and cum in my @%^

how to reset my new ipod touch?

Brock will be eternally grateful.