Device repair and information for the Plantronics Backbeat Fit 2100, wireless sport headphones released in August 2016.

It won't charge,red light&bluelight doesn't come on use it when going

This is the platronics Back beat fit wireless bluetooth earpiece work out head phone . For my Samsungs5 mobile phone never been in water or dirt always put in black and bluecover that i got with it all brand knew. from Diane

Thanks ! Nothing worked i just after get over it this product was good it cost a bit. So if you know anyone thats going to buy this product. I would say Big no. I have threw it out in the bin where this company should go. But i am thankful for you sending be some advise you are very kind.

Diane.

have had the same problem

totally agree, worked one time with a charge, replaced it with a second one and same issue, had to throw it away. piece of crap, dont buy it

Had same problem just 2day. Completely stopped working/charging.

Me too only two days after not charging mxm...please don't buy it

Hi @djwebber ,

Have you tried a different charger cable?

Try a hard reset:

Press and hold both the power button and the volume button (plus the other 2 as well perhaps) for about 10 seconds and then release. Check if the earphones will then either show that they are charging (with the cable inserted of course) or that they will turn on if the Power button is pressed.

If they still don't work or charge at all, how long have you had the earphones?

Depending on your location there is at least a minimum 1 year (possibly 3 years not sure though) manufacturer's warranty on the earphones.

Check the purchase date on the sales receipt for the earphones and if the warranty period is still valid, consult the manufacturer's warranty statement as to what you have to do to make a claim for a warranty repair or replacement

This worked for me. Held all 3 buttons down for 10 seconds then released. Slowly plugged in microusb cable into it and Red light has come on again and is charging. Thanks mate!

Thank you @jayeff , worked like a charm (w/Plantronics Voyager)!

thank you so much i thought they were broken for good

still didnt work... ahhh i only had it for a few months too...

@Nicole Peng Yea I know I'm more than a little late but it worked when I held it all 3 buttons for about 2 minutes then slowly inserted the USB

I've found out that if you insert the cable, and slowly pull it out, the charging light comes on at some point. It won't charge if it's fully inserted.

Hi @richard3840 ,

Use a strong light and a magnifying glass to inspect the headset's USB charge port enclosure.

Ensure that all the pins are there and that they are straight and parallel with each other.

Also check that there is no lint etc. obstructing the enclosure.

If there is lint etc, use a vacuum cleaner to try and suck out the debris.

DO NOT use a metal pin or probe as you may damage the pins. If necessary use a wooden toothpick to gently try and dislodge any obstruction.

It is all looks OK try connecting the charge cable to the headphones ONLY and then whilst holding the headphones firmly in one hand, use the other hand to gently (stress very gently) try to move the charge cable plug connector from side to side and up and down whilst it is inserted, to check if you can feel any movement at all in the headset's USB port.

If you can then the port may be loose on the systemboard .

I am experiencing the exact same problem. I tried the things listed, also tried things on YouTube with no luck. I've haven't had them 6 months & I was actually enjoying them. I used them 3 days a week for an hr & a 1/2 each day. Will be disposing.

Hi @nikki4life ,

Before you dispose of them, check the manufacturer's warranty statement.

According to the warranty depending on location and product there is a 1, 2 or 3 year warranty and you've only had them 6 months.

Follow it up regarding your headphones!

In Samsung level u, near rubber strap, the plastic came out while I removing from my neck. So, I used glue to fix that. Now, for replacement I gone to service centre. They told only if without damage, we will replace u. What shall I do ? Please some one help me

omg this worked tysm this was the only solution that worked for me

btw im just repeating what someone else has commented because it was extremely helpful for me. slowly insert the charger until you see the red light, dont put it all the way in. putting it all the way in used to work but i guess it becomes worn out?? this also works on other bluetooth earbuds, not sure about all but it worked for mine (BC) hope this helped, have a good day!

It's not working for me

They charge and all but it won't turn on what so ever

Hi @sonyman ,

Did you try what was suggested in the Chosen Solution above?

If still no good, as they are new follow the directions in the manufacturer’s warranty statement as to what to do to get them fixed, replaced or refunded (if applicable) under warranty.

Invest in higher quality headset

Worked when i held all 3 for a couple minutes. Thank you thank you thank you!

These headsets are fine and the people at Letscom are great to work with and very helpful on solving the problem. The charging cable was faulty on mine not allowing the headset to charge. And they swiftly sent me the replacement, which works great.

The red light turns blue within few seconds. N then even after hours of charging, is not working. It's one of the pathetic purchase.

Mine wasn’t charging, found the problem and was able to fix it!

One of the pins in the headset’s USB connector was bent. I managed to get it back to it’s place using a sewing needle. Now it’s working again :D

Diane will be eternally grateful.