The Motorola Moto Z2 Play was released in June of 2017. It has a 5.5 inch screen and a non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery. Its rear camera is 12MP and its front camera is 5MP.

My Moto z2 Force needs help. people can't hear me unless my speaker p

Moto z2 Force

What can be the cause of the problem that I can hear the caller but they can't hear me unless my speaker phone is turned on.

This question was migrated from https://meta.ifixit.com/Answers.

we had this on a moto 6g play, same thing,

read somewhere about 4g n 3g ,

go in your network setting change to 3g or other.

Since you can be heard when using the speakerphone option, there is either a problem with the phone's microphone or perhaps the phone's voice inlet hole (found on the bottom edge of the phone) may be blocked with dust or lint.

To check if it is the latter, use a strong light and a magnifying glass to see whether the voice inlet hole appears to be obstructed.

If it is (or if you can't be sure), use a vacuum cleaner using short sharp bursts to see if this clears the obstruction.

DO NOT use a probe to try and clear it as you may damage the microphone which is directly behind the hole.

If you still can't be heard on a call after doing this then the problem is with the microphone. It is either faulty or has come loose from the systemboard.

Thank you so much. I would have never thought that to be it. It worked!!!!

You're welcome.

Glad that you got it fixed OK.

Enjoy

I just bought this Moto z2 force a month and a half ago payin a 182. Phone bill, an Just as of yesterday afternoon my girl called me and I said hello and she just kept saying hello hello. I noticed that it was doing it with every one else to I'm !#^&@@ this phone just became the most hated..and I just bought a projector. I feel like since this issue have been going on since 2017 that it would be resolved. I won'ted this phone so bad and now its pissn me TF off!!!I have a child and important ppl that needs to call me. Its bull $@$* and then they tell me that they could mail me the same phone put a hold on my credit card till I send MY phone back with a 20 something dallor fee . Or mail my phone first and wait for them for free. I shouldn't have to do all that

Shelia Huff will be eternally grateful.