The Motorola Moto Z2 Play was released in June of 2017. It has a 5.5 inch screen and a non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery. Its rear camera is 12MP and its front camera is 5MP.

My Moto z2 Force needs help. people can't hear me unless my speaker p

Moto z2 Force

What can be the cause of the problem that I can hear the caller but they can't hear me unless my speaker phone is turned on.

This question was migrated from https://meta.ifixit.com/Answers.

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Since you can be heard when using the speakerphone option, there is either a problem with the phone's microphone or perhaps the phone's voice inlet hole (found on the bottom edge of the phone) may be blocked with dust or lint.

To check if it is the latter, use a strong light and a magnifying glass to see whether the voice inlet hole appears to be obstructed.

If it is (or if you can't be sure), use a vacuum cleaner using short sharp bursts to see if this clears the obstruction.

DO NOT use a probe to try and clear it as you may damage the microphone which is directly behind the hole.

If you still can't be heard on a call after doing this then the problem is with the microphone. It is either faulty or has come loose from the systemboard.

Thank you so much. I would have never thought that to be it. It worked!!!!

You're welcome.

Glad that you got it fixed OK.

Enjoy

Shelia Huff will be eternally grateful.