Parts & Tools

Repair guides and support for Panasonic's Viera line of televisions.

Please help my tv won't turn on

My TV does not turn on ,red light comes on but when I press remote it will not turn to green that's when TV would click on usual please can any one help x

Hello Jane, can you try manually pressing the power button on the TV itself instead of the Remote?

Thanks guys for all your help I will try when I get in ,and I will try and find you model number , and we have had loads of work man on street , think they have sent a spike to my tv or something xx

Plug it in but it won't turn on light just blinks and flashes

Can you tell me what is wrong with it

Hi @John Eifert,

What is the model number of your TV?

Is there a pattern to the blinking light, e.g. 4 blinks - pause 4 blinks pause etc?

Hi @daisyface ,

Try a power reset and see if this resolves the problem.

Turn off the TV

Turn off the TV wall power outlet and remove the TV power cord

Press and hold the TV's Power ON button for 30 seconds and then release the button.

Plug in the TV power cord back into the wall outlet and turn on the outlet.

Switch on the TV and see if it now works OK.

What is the model number of the TV?

Were there any storms or blackouts just before the problem occurred with your TV?

Same problem red light on and doesn’t change when powered on could it be a switch fault

It's not working on my JVC TV I've tried more than once

Mine won't turn and there isn't even a blinking light

Hi @ Kassandra Mungia,

What is the model number of the TV?

Is the power light showing at all?

If it is, have you tried turning the TV on using the TV's Power On/Off button and not the TV's remote control unit button?

Hi we have a Panasonic th-55dx600u TV that turns on for 1 sec then turns itself off & the red standby light flashes every 3 seconds

Hi folks - yes I have a Panasonic Viera which for 2 years behaved perfectly then started to ‘not respond’ when reconnected to power. My thinking was that I needed to power down on occasions to prolong the life of TV but that seems like a bad idea with these TVs because you cant get them to go again! - no lights, nothing - googled it of course and tried all the fixes which did work - my point is that the first occasions I booted again by disconnecting from power for 30 + secs reconnecting then pushing power button — later for longer periods and then adding a program or volume button. The last time I waited 3 days and periodically tried the combination of fixes - this time I waited 5 days plus 90 secs disconnected from power.

So be patient and don’t buy a new TV yet - that is if you can be without it for lengthening periods - I just wont risk powering down from now on - I’ll let you know if this all means slow death TV and no more Panasonics for me. Share if you agree.

So did your tv come on after 5 days and 90 sec disconnected from power?

deborah leonard not really a good fix is it? Migth as well not have a TV at all

Hi Gwenn yep the 5 days and 90 secs worked, previously it had been 3 days + a different combination of buttons and holds and different previous to that as well. I have had 5 occasions where there was no response and I systematically worked through the fixes suggested in these posts. What seems to be happening is that the same fix doesnt work each time and the reset seems to be taking longer hence the comment about slow death - good luck!

I have done all the above I left it on for a week then when I turned it off it would not turn on again I am going to leave it now and try again tomorrow. Once it’s on I can do anything with it so weird

Hi I have done the same did the 24 hours unplugged and follow all instructions

Hi @Nathan Jump,

Is the TV’s power LED on or blinking at all, you didn’t say?

If it is blinking here’s a link to the Power LED Blinking timing chart, taken from the TV service manual

If it is blinking continuously without a pattern this is the most difficult problem of all to find. You would need to start with the power supply and work you’re way through the TV as to what the problem may be.

If there is a pattern to the blinks it is easier as the blinking timing chart tells you where to check first.

If there is no power LED then here’s the link to the No Power troubleshooting flowchart that may help.

The manual shows how to remove the boards from the TV and also has full schematics which is a great help.

Jane will be eternally grateful.