Repair guides and support for Panasonic's Viera line of televisions.

Please help my tv won't turn on

My TV does not turn on ,red light comes on but when I press remote it will not turn to green that's when TV would click on usual please can any one help x

Hello Jane, can you try manually pressing the power button on the TV itself instead of the Remote?

Thanks guys for all your help I will try when I get in ,and I will try and find you model number , and we have had loads of work man on street , think they have sent a spike to my tv or something xx

Plug it in but it won't turn on light just blinks and flashes

Can you tell me what is wrong with it

Hi @John Eifert,

What is the model number of your TV?

Is there a pattern to the blinking light, e.g. 4 blinks - pause 4 blinks pause etc?

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

Hi @daisyface ,

Try a power reset and see if this resolves the problem.

Turn off the TV

Turn off the TV wall power outlet and remove the TV power cord

Press and hold the TV's Power ON button for 30 seconds and then release the button.

Plug in the TV power cord back into the wall outlet and turn on the outlet.

Switch on the TV and see if it now works OK.

What is the model number of the TV?

Were there any storms or blackouts just before the problem occurred with your TV?

Hi folks - yes I have a Panasonic Viera which for 2 years behaved perfectly then started to ‘not respond’ when reconnected to power. My thinking was that I needed to power down on occasions to prolong the life of TV but that seems like a bad idea with these TVs because you cant get them to go again! - no lights, nothing - googled it of course and tried all the fixes which did work - my point is that the first occasions I booted again by disconnecting from power for 30 + secs reconnecting then pushing power button — later for longer periods and then adding a program or volume button. The last time I waited 3 days and periodically tried the combination of fixes - this time I waited 5 days plus 90 secs disconnected from power.

So be patient and don’t buy a new TV yet - that is if you can be without it for lengthening periods - I just wont risk powering down from now on - I’ll let you know if this all means slow death TV and no more Panasonics for me. Share if you agree.

So did your tv come on after 5 days and 90 sec disconnected from power?

deborah leonard not really a good fix is it? Migth as well not have a TV at all

Hi Gwenn yep the 5 days and 90 secs worked, previously it had been 3 days + a different combination of buttons and holds and different previous to that as well. I have had 5 occasions where there was no response and I systematically worked through the fixes suggested in these posts. What seems to be happening is that the same fix doesnt work each time and the reset seems to be taking longer hence the comment about slow death - good luck!

I have a Panasonic, was and still is working fine. It wasn't till I had a power cut just after a year that I found something wrong with it. It wouldn't turn back on, when the power came on. But being plugged in for around 3 days and forgetting about it, just had no tv to watch, it came back on its self? . It had happened again a few weeks after when I ran out of electronic? But it was a bit longer at coming on? To late to bring it back as it was just over the year I found out about the fault. But I worked it out that it only happens when turned off from stand by. So the tv isn't holding its charge. So I can't turn it off stand by it will lose the charge and it can take up to sometimes 4-5 days to recharge. But it seems to charge with out the plug in?? as well? .But apart from that the tv works

Hey! Why my panasonic tv can't turn on even the light is green if I unplug it and plug again still get same result. It's been long time ago. Usually it can turn on but take more time because I'm using same step unplug and plug again repeatedly to get the red light. But this time unfortunately can't. Please help me..I really appreciate your help.

Mine sometimes starts with remote and sometimes not. Switch off the tv using the side panel switches. Now switch on again with the same button but place a second finger on the channel up/down selector on the same panel. Press both at the same time and you will see the red light change to green. Release the buttons when the light settles to green. It only takes a few seconds. The remote will now work for a few hours or days but the procedure works every time for me. Info was given to me by Panasonic shop.

I tried Martyn Clamps suggestion which has worked for me. I had previously tried the suggestions on the Panasonic web site and also engaged in live chat with Panasonic to no avail. So thank you very much for your post and the Panasonic shop who gave ou the information.

I just had a power surge and my Panasonic's flat screen 42inch will not cum back on after following these instructions what is wrong

Hi @Randy Pinkerton,

is the TV’s standby light on or off?

If the TV standby light is Off then unless you had the TV power cord plugged into a surge protector which is connected to the wall outlet and it has taken the full brunt of the surge and needs to be replaced (if this is the case try plugging the TV directly into the wall outlet and see if it comes on), there’s a fair chance that the power board has been affected.

If the TV standby light is On and the TV doesn’t respond it most probably is the same as above, the power board may have been affected by the surge.

Disconnect the power cord from the outlet and remove the back cover off the TV and check for any visible damage to the power board, it’s the one that the power cord connector connects to.

If there is damage or you’re not quite sure, take some pictures and then post a new question with the pictures on ifixit regarding the problem with the TV. Also give the make and model number of the TV.

you can’t post images in a comment - here’s how to do it for a new question Adding images to a new question

Jane will be eternally grateful.