5th generation of Toyota's modern full-size sedan.

Overheating, Water not running thru

I have a 96 Toyota Camry 2.2L , I have changed thermostat , ecu coolant sensor , radiator fan sensor switch , temperature gauge , and also it all started after I replaced the 2 O rings on the filter for filter coolant but the 2 hoses are good water pump good. Fan takes a while to cut on but they work radiator still good but water doesn't stay in , eventually it'll steam out or throw out coolant water. I'm out of options so if you know something else that be great or if other with same issue please help.

When the engine is cool remove the radiator cap and watch the level at the radiator and see if the water/coolant is flowing if not then you might have a blockage or bad thermostat. You can remove the thermostart and see if there is flow. Be careful it can over flow out the raditor area if blocked. Google it but seems like I remember reading you can take the thermostart and place it in boiling water on the stove and see if it opens up or not its a old school trick. Is the car smoking white out the exaust or is the oil milky? Another possibilitie is a head gasket.

Okay I'll try that once I get back to the car , but no I've checked the oil and it's regular oil no coolant mixture. And it doesn't smoke unless it cold outside or engine is cold, but I can try to get the head gasket replaced. Also I've read that I could run it without the thermostat and see what it does from there

Is there any water dripping out of the bottom of the water pump? If so, your water pump is shot and will need to be replaced. If it is steaming up and blowing out, chances are you have a blockage, or your pump just isn't up to the task. Personally I wouldn't remove the thermostat unless I was changing it for a new one. Did you make sure you changed the thermostat to the correct range for that engine? The old thermostat will have a heat rating on it, either in F or C. Example 87C meaning it opens fully at 87 degrees Celsius. If you replaced it with the wrong one, you will get what is happening to you. If it were a blown head gasket, chances are you would see either white smoke or a lot of water vapour coming out of your tail pipe. More than usual.

Kerson Rodriguez will be eternally grateful.