Apple's 2016 revision to their laptop lineup targeted at professional users. Features a 15-inch, 2880-by-1800 Retina display, quad-core Intel Core i7, 256 GB / 512 GB /1 TB / 2TB storage options, 16 GB RAM, and a keyboard equipped with a Touch Bar. Released November 2016. Features Model A1707.

No battery status on menubar, current battery charge : 0%

I left my Macbook off for 10 days to repair my LCD screen, and when I boot up using the official charger, my macbook doesn't display the battery status on menubar, and my mac seems to be eternally at 0%, and I can't use my mac without being plugged in to my electrical outlet. I can't even turn the "show battery status on menubar".

I've tried to restart my SMC, but alas no luck for me so far.

See I broke my screen. Cracks on the lower right side, what should I buy?

Can you tell us a bit more here on what happened with your screen. From the sounds of it the battery may have been damaged or the charging logic.

@danj Or maybe the repair person forgot to connect it properly?

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

I always make this mistake when working on my macbook:

Remember to plug in the battery! I always forget. gives me a good scare when suddenly my mac will not boot. the I remember. Oh yeah! the battery connector!

I will note, that I just preformed this repair, and had the same issue. My problem was that the batter was about halfway plugged in. I felt the click, but it still wasn't fully engaged. I blame the sticker for obstructing the actual connector.

@afifyogapr if you replaced the mobo and have the old one I’m interested in buying it.

thanks

Afif Yoga Pradana will be eternally grateful.