The SanDisk microSD card is a storage device/medium in the TransFlash/microSD format. The standard ones come in all different capacities, up to 2GB.

My card is physically broken, any chance to retrieve the files?

So I accidentally broke my micro SD card (Kingston 16gb) and I don't know wether I should have some hope to restore the files on it or not.

I watched a couple of videos people restoring files via soldering and so.

This image shows where it's broken (highlighted in red)

https://ibb.co/bM6opb

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Most Helpful Answer

If it is just broken along the back side you might be able to stick it in an adapter and recover files(the adapter might take the card and you wont be able to get it back out, just make sure you stick it in all the way with a toothpick or a sewing needle, something along that size), i don't think there is anything in that back part of the card, but i might be wrong. If you cant recover files from using an adapter there is no point in trying to fix the card to recover the data, you'd save money and time by buying a new SD card.

Thanks!! I really hope it's gonna work because it seems easy! I'll try this out and come back!

ill be here if you need anymore help

Hend Usamah will be eternally grateful.