The original Xbox is Microsoft's first widely popular video gaming system. It has an easily identifiable black case with 'XBOX' emblazoned on the top and front. Repair is easy with common tools.

Why won't my Xbox read disk even after replacement laser lens

I have an original Xbox with the Philips disc drive. While playing my games it would a message would show up saying it could not read the disc. And after a while it completely stopped playing my games. Afternoon further research it said to replace the lens if after cleaning it still didn't work. I bought a brand new lens and got it installed and it still won't play or read disk. Help! I don't know what to do!

It does make the sound like it is trying to read the disk, but the error message still pops up.

Hi!

When you first insert a disk, does it make noises as if it was trying to read the disk or not? If not the drive motors could have given up, the only solution to this would be replacing the drive entirely.

It does sound like it is trying to read the disc, but it just keeps saying disc error.

Haven E will be eternally grateful.