It won't power up.

I purchased a used Acer aspire 5552 without a charger. Purchased replacement charger. Plugged it in turned it on, have to reset Windows. I turned it off so I could reboot and now when I hit the power button the blue light on the power button comes on, I hear the laptop start (fans and drives) then it just shuts down. I was hoping after a good charge it would start but it still wont. So I looked and you guys say if it charges and won't start probably a battery, but it still won't turn on even when plugged into the power adapter. So help please!!

The battery seems to have a problem. Try changing to another battery or If your warranty is still active try using it.

MacBook Battery Fix Kits
Fix Kits Starting at $69.99
MacBook Battery Fix Kits
Starting at $69.99

Try removing the power adapter and the battery and holding the power button for 10 seconds. Wait 30 seconds and then put the battery back in and see if it boots. Some HP laptops use this procedure as a hard reboot. If this doesn't work, try re-seating the RAM in your laptop.

Anthony Kouttron's suggestion usually works in cases like this. You might try leaving it plugged in overnight if it doesn't work immediately after trying it.

Stacy Prenot will be eternally grateful.