4-inch iPhone released in March 2016 with similar hardware specifications to the 6s. Available in Silver, Space Grey, Gold, or Rose Gold with 16/64 GB storage options. Model A1662 and A1723.

Can't remove cable from power button bracket

So my new power flex cable came with a power button bracket already attached. Great. The problem is, I can't get the long cable that curls around the corner off of the old power cable bracket. It doesn't seem to be stuck on, it's more like it's got tiny welds or something.

I also can't get the bracket off the new power flex cable to use the old power bracket (with the long corner cable) instead. Help!

OK so I managed to get the remains of the old power switch from the old power flex cable off of the power button bracket. My questions are:

1 - What is the name of the long thin cable ending in the circular connector, attached to the power button bracket on the desk?

2 - What is the better option - trying to remove said cable from the OLD power button bracket (without damaging it - possible?), OR buy a brand new power button flex cable without the power button bracket already attached, and then just stick the power button switch to the old power button bracket

More research done... in this teardown: iPhone SE Teardown

They suggest it might be a grounding cable. Can I buy this on its own and just stick it to the power button bracket on my new power flex cable?

This power button flex is meant to be replaced in its entirety. While there is no specific iPhone SE guide for this repair, you can follow the iPhone 5S guide as it will be very similar.

iPhone SE Audio Control and Power Button Cable Image

I already bought it in its entirety. But it came with the brackets already attached... do I now need to buy one without them attached?!

You’re not following what I’m saying.

I have already replaced the full flex assembly. It is in the phone as we speak. It came with the power button bracket attached, but not the long thin cable (grounding cable?) which curves around the corner of the phone.

So now I have installed a brand new flex assembly in the phone, but I can neither:

- remove the grounding cable from the old power button bracket to attach to my new power button bracket

- or remove the new power button bracket from the new flex assembly to allow me to attach the old power button bracket

Both options appear to have small welds or something holding them together.

Do I really now have to buy a completely new power flex assembly again, (minus brackets) to allow me to afix my old power button bracket and grounding cable?

Luke Twomey will be eternally grateful.