Blank screen, do I need to replace it?

Hi, I'm trying to fix a phone where the screen is completely blank. I've hooked it up to my dc power supply and I can hear it turn on and it releases amps when I switch it on (no amps when not on so no major short) but the screen stays black. Also I used a software program to 'flash' it and that was completed successfully so I presume that means the logic board is fine. The screen flex cables don't look damaged but do you think its worth trying a new screen?

I presume at some point when I switch the phone on (while connected to dc power supply) it will go into the rest mode but the phone continuously releases amps and fluctuates rapidly. Does this mean there maybe a small short?

Many Thanks Sarah

One thing i would check, "screw damage", You know a to long screw digs into the logicboard.

see

Just look in to that screw hole for any sign of too long screw damage.

Could als o be a backlight problem and so on...

The easiest way for sure would be a replacement screen for testing.

Sarah will be eternally grateful.