The Nissan Altima is a mid-size automobile manufactured by Nissan, and is arguably a continuation of the Nissan Bluebird line, which began in 1957.

it cranks won't fire or not getting any fuel

2003 nissan atimal it cranks won't fire or not getting any fuel don't hear fuel pump when come on.

I also have this problem with my 2006 Nissan Altima. Did you find a solution?

Hi Guys

i have a 2004 Nissan Almera

the vehicle was involved in accident (Front Smash) and Air Bags deployed.

I drove the car home from the accident scene. After returning from the Panel Beater the car refuses to start. It Cranks but wont start as the injectors wont open.

i checked everything, Relays, Wires, Changed the Fuel Pump, Computer Box, Did Key Coding, Changed Spark Plugs, Checked the Harness etc. EVERYTHING.

I Dont know what else to, any advise?

my 2005 Nissan crank wont start changed fuel pump, crank , cam and mass air flow sensor, spark plugs , and coil packs . But still cranks act like it wants to but wont start . Any body hve any suggestions besides trashing it

Scan it for codes

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

mitchell1 you are not telling us what you have checked regarding the fuel situation. Now here is how it all works according to the SM:"

The ECM activates the fuel pump for several seconds after the ignition switch is turned on to improve engine startability. If the ECM receives a engine speed signal from the crankshaft position sensor (POS) and camshaft position sensor (PHASE), it knows that the engine is rotating, and causes the pump to operate. If the engine speed signal is not received when the ignition switch is ON, the engine stalls. The ECM stops pump operation and prevents battery discharging, thereby improving safety. The ECM does not directly drive the fuel pump. It controls the ON/OFF fuel pump relay, which in turn controls the fuel pump." So what the means is that you need to check your pump, the relay after that the POS and the camshaft position sensor as well as all the wiring in between. Then if still no error found you need to check the ECM.

Without sending you on a wild goose chase I recommend that you check the fuel pump fuse (see image for loaction)

Next is the fuel pump relay

TEST ITEM

FUEL PUMP RELAY

CONDITION

Ignition switch: ON (Engine stopped)

Turn the fuel pump relay “ON” and “OFF” using CONSULT-II and listen to operating sound

JUDGEMENT

Fuel pump relay makes the operating sound.

CHECK ITEM (REMEDY

Harness and connectors

Fuel pump relay

The relay is built into IPDM E/R

Checked fuse it's good changed relay nothing changed pump nothing was getting code 0702 and 1574 but car was still running. When I shut it off and then back in again the 1574 problem would go away do u think those codes have anything to do with no fuel cause it starts if I spray starting fluid

@edwad same car? Same problem? Same engine? Give us a bit more information.

Oldturkey,

I have the same problem with a 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S except that it is intermittent. Sometimes it starts sometimes it doesn't. I am leaning toward replacing the Crank & CAM sensors after reading what you wrote.

I'd say crank angle sensor.

I have a similar issue on a 2004 nissan sentra 1.8L car will crank but wont start, throw a little starting fluid at it and it starts sometimes but not always. Pulled fuel line of at fire wall and fuel pours out but seems weak. I've tried 2 fuel pumps, fuel pump relay, plugs, coils, crank and camshaft sensors all out of another running sentra and even an ecm, and still nothing?

OK easiest answer is if you don't hear the fuel pump prime. Then suspect bad fuse or pump. Check fuse box either in car or under bonnet (hood). If fuse is good, chance are your pump is bad.

It can only be one of 3 things, fuel, air or spark!

Air isn't the issue, spark probably isn't the issue. If it is a fuel injected car, turn key on as you would to prime it, then turn off. crack the nut on the fuel hose to the fuel rail, start undoing it, if no fuel comes out. Bad pump, if fuel dribbles out but not under pressure as it should be, bad pump. Change out pump. If fuel comes out under pressure, tighten nut. Turn ignition on, as you would to prime pump, then off again.

Wait ten to 15 minutes. Then crack that nut again, should still be pressurised, if not bad pump.

If pressurised, then your pump is prob on the way out or just silent. Check fuel filter, could be clogged, change it out and try to start, if starts. I'd order a new pump anyway. If doesn't start, bad pump.

Ware is full filter located 2000qwest mini van gxe

Im not sure if it is the same on the 2002 but on a 1999 there is also a ignition relay that is behind the sterio mounted to floorboard if you lay in pass side and look behind radio you can see it but is pretty hard to get to . Ground a test light and with key in on position probe the 4 pin connectors and one should make the fuel pump run if so change this relay and you should be fine . Ps… this relay controlls fire to the distributor as well as fuel pump so if it has no spark or fuel it would be my first guess.hope this helps

There are so many people helping with their experiences and throwing parts at their cars, lets start with a real world back yard mechanic diagnosis without a scan tool and no experience. Can you run power, 12 volts to the connector back at the fuel pump (correct wire of course) and see if it will work and start the car. We will work our way back to the fuel pump relay as the computer controls the input to the relay as the computer also needs to see certain items working prior to letting the car start, you say if you spray in some form of fuel, the engine will start, this does point to a fuel related problem. Do you have a volt meter to check for power and grounds at the fuel pump connector while trying to start the car?

First, check the battery power for its full potential power. Test, battery. If results from test say battery is:Good, then crank the engine and hold down the gas pedal. If car still does not start, visually inspect the fuses. Focus on the fuel pump areas.

I'm having issues with my maxima not starting. It cranks and starts after getting a bit and I think holding down or pumping gas pedal helps it start. I noticed you mentioned to hold down gas pedal so I was wondering if you might know where the problem may be coming from if pressing down the pedal helps to start engine?

when i hold down the gas pedal and start the car it takes more pressor and tries to start and after some time it starts then there is no problem came in the car in whole day.

I had my problem with my car Nissan sunny blue bird sylphy no sparks going through spark plugs what's the problem

Change the crank sensor

Crank sensor change it

I changed it nothing

Also cam sensors fuel pump all the ignition coils and plugs

Thank you for your help. I had to replace the fuel pump.

I believe it's the fuel pressure regulator, not the pump or relay or fuse…

mitchell1 will be eternally grateful.