Model: PowerShot SX700 HS (PC2091/PC2093/2047) Body No: 902053007176 Released: April 2014

Why can't I take video on the Canon PowerShot SX700 HS anymore?

My Canon PowerShot SX700 HS was working perfectly fine, but suddenly, in between filming short videos (30 sec - 4 min) on my camera (about 2 years old), it displayed a 0" written in orange font at the top right after I hit the red button to stop recording.

It was as if I was out of recording space, but I knew that wasn't the issue since I had JUST cleared the memory card so that all 64 GB was available (later double checked to confirm, and I was correct.) I even tried a different memory card with space, same problem.

The camera can still take photos and store those, but won't allow me to even record videos, let alone save them.

At the time it changed, I was indoors, full AC, so unlikely it overheated. I hardly even moved the camera, didn't mess with any settings... NO idea what could've happened. If this really is a logic board issue, then why can the camera take normal photos? Please help!

Did you format the memory card? Did you format it in camera? Make sure you always format any media card for a camera within the camera. A lot of cameras (panasonic, nikon, samsung....) don't record files correctly to the SD card unless the SD cards are formatted within the camera.

Make sure you backup any information you have on the SD card before you format it.

Good luck!

@salvagedcircuit Sorry for late reply, had to figure out how the heck to reformat it. Didn't realize I could format outside of computer and directly on camera. But thank you SO much Anthony, it totally worked! :D YAY!!

No problem! I'm glad it worked.

nikkianak will be eternally grateful.