Echo SRM-225 Trimmer. This model replaced the SRM-210. The most common repairs for this device are straight forward and can be done quickly.

Echo Trimmer Won't start

I have an Echo SRM 225 Trimmer. Full disclosure I left the fuel in it all winter. When I started the season it would start then quit, but re-start at a later point. At some point it just stopped starting. I took the following steps:

*Emptied the gas tank and put clean fuel in

*Cleaned the Carb with Carb Cleaning Fluid

*Replaced the air filter and spark plug

*Replaced the fuel line system

*Finally replaced the carb

It still won't start. Any idea of what else could be wrong?

thank you! I will look at that.

Do a compression test on the cylinder . Odds are when you were running the machine with a plugged carb you had a lean burn condition and as such didn't have the proper amount of fuel going into the cylinder which can cause the cylinder head to burn . The fuel acts as a cooling agent for the engine and if theres not enough fuel in the cylinder it doesn't get the cooling it needs . If the cylinder head is burnt you wont have proper compression. Hope this helps

One other thing to check is the in tank filter may be clogged with green goo from old gas

thank you. I will look at that!

Mary Wood will be eternally grateful.