My iPhone won't turn on after it fell in water

My iPhone fell in the toilet only for about 10 seconds. I took it out immediately and put it in rice overnight. I woke up to see that one of my cousins played on it while I was sleeping because it was out of the rice. I was getting notifications because I could hear it, but the screen was completely black. I left it in rice for another day and the screen still is black and I can here notifications and calls. Can anyone help me fix this

Did it turn on? Did you get a new Battry?

I found my iPhone emerged in water, and immediately took it out of the water. But since I was in school, I couldn't put it in a bag of rice. I left my phone in a dry area and came back to get it, and found that it wouldn't turn on, the screen is completely black. I don't know what to do, any suggestions?

Same situation,...Deja Vu

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

Timothy Dumlao do you hate your iPhone? If you don't, why did you use rice? Take it out of the rice. IT DOES NOT WORK This is a myth that really has to disappear. Skip the rice. It is absolutely useless.''' It will not help you fix your phone. All it does is that it provides a false sense of security. It will not clean your phone, it will not prevent corrosion.

Second, stop continuing to try to charge, sync or otherwise use your phone. This potentially can make a bad situation worse.This may further damage your phone.

The next thing to do is to clean it. Disassemble your phone using these guides . You must remove all EMI shields. If you do not remove those, you might as well not do anything. After you removed those, clean the whole board, connectors and all with +90% isopropyl alcohol. Follow this guide , and even so it was written for a 3G all the points are still pertinent to your phone. While you clean your board, check for any obvious damage, like burned or missing components etc. When it is properly cleaned, replace the battery. All these steps are to avoid delayed failure caused by corrosion. Best thing to do would be to clean it with an ultrasonic cleaner, but if you do not have access to one, this will at least help. Once all this is done, reassemble your phone and reevaluate. Until it is cleaned, everything will only be a guess. It is possible that you have a bad LCD and replacing the display assembly may fix it. Even with all this, water damage has only a small chance to be fully repaired, but at least you can give it a try.

Okay thank you. But do I need to replace the battery if the phone still works but the screen is black

Check screen with a flashlight pointed at it...if you see a faint image, it would be a backlight circuit damage, but follow everything @oldturkey03 says as he is 100% correct...battery may be okay

Timothy Dumlao anytime your device had a water immersion you do want to replace the battery. It will fail. Do it now so you now that you will have a working battery for sure. Never take anything for granted when working with water damaged devices.

Never put the phone in rice.

Always take it immediately to someone that could remove the battery and then clean the phone/board circuits with a proper solution.

Because you let it dry in rice (which is the worst option) with still water inside, the circuits were slowly "burning" some components such as capacitors, maybe ICs, etc... Water keeps and makes new short circuits to electricity to flow. and sometimes things just burn. SO it was a bad thing to do and something got burn or the battery died by itself (due to the short circuit).

In my opinion, take it to someone that knows about these issues.... before it is too late!

my iphone fell inside water when i was on facetime with my friend, and i brought it out from the water, my phone was still on but i couldnt hear her, but after a while i continued to use it to chat but when it was on 20%, i try to charge it but it was not because rice was stuck inside the charging point but after i brought it out it was not charging, so i told my dad and he asked me to put it inside a bag of rice and i did, i left it there for over 6hrs and i took it out from the rice , it came on but it is not still charging, what do i do???????????????????????/

Replace charging port

I dropped my phone in the ocean and it was in there for a good 20 seconds. I put it in rice for a day and then I took it out. At first it was acting really weird and the ringer was turning on and off for no reason the same thing was happening to the volume. It died and I left it dead for a day, then I charged it and now its working fine... but it won’t turn off and when I try to take screenshots it just goes to the home screen so I think that the power button is broken... does anyone know how I can fix it?

Guys Can Someone Please Help Me I Have an Android , and yesterday when i was in the pool it fall in the water. inside the pool it didn't drown but it was at the top , i took it , it was there for like 5 seconds and then i came home remove parts like sim and battery then i cleanded up and i put in dry place for 1 day.

but when i turn it on its black screen i can't turn it on. plz help

The Phone Picture

Whatever you do,don’t put it in rice.

try replacing the battery my iphone se fell in the toilet 2 days ago and nothing worked so this is my last hope so i will also be getting a new battery

Timothy Dumlao will be eternally grateful.