Machine-readable instructions that direct computer processors to download and render images of cats from the internet.

I have no sound on Chrome.

The sound on my computer works. The sound on other browsers work as well. The only place the sound does not work is Chrome. This has happened once before but I was able to resolve it. This time, nothing seems to be working.

List of things I have already tried (in no particular order):

• Restarting Chrome
  • Restarting computer
  • Resetting Chrome settings
  • Clearing cache and cookies
  • Re-installing Chrome
  • Going incognito
  • Disabling/removing extentions
  • Using the software removal tool
  • Troubleshooting
  • Using guest profile

The only thing that has been suggested to me that I have not yet tried is using Chrome Beta and Chrome Canary. I will eventually try them if nothing better can be suggested to me. I would prefer them to be a last resort though, as I do not want to risk any bugs.

As for which version of Windows and Chrome I have, it's Windows 10 and Chrome 60.0.3112.101

Another solution if you are on win 10. open volume mixer, then open the tab that dosent have sound, it will probably show up on the mixer, and it should be on min level. Once its like that, adjust it to max then its okay now.

I hope this helps to those who still has this unsolved

No Sound using Chrome. Chrome doesn't show up in my mixer.........How can I add it. Have no problem with other Browsers

Right click on an open chrome tab then select unmute site

it works <3 Thanks to @iam.eronordiz

open volume mixer, then open the tab that dosent have sound, it will probably show up on the mixer, and it should be on min level. Once its like that, adjust it to max then its okay now.

Sound Mixer sometimes has a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom, make sure you scroll to chrome and raise the volume or unmute if necessary

Finally figured it out! In case anyone else has/had a similar problem, this is what I did.

1. Open the Control Panel → Sound → Speakers → Advanced

2. Un-check "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"

3. Open Volume Mixer

4. Unmute Chrome

5. Voila!

Ah, nice. :D Good for you!

Thanks very much ..it worked for me

THANK YOU! It worked for me :D

always great to see users explaining it instead of saying something like "figured it out" as that helps no users who may have the same problem. good job!

This solution did not work for me, Windows 7 Pro

It is possible Chrome was deactivated at your Windows Sound-Manager.

Go to the task bar (mostly at the right side of the bottom), right click on the Sound-Icon, open the the option "Volume Mixer" and check if Chrome is muted there.

No, that is not the case. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Chrome actually doen't show up in my Volume Mixer. Is that normal?

Mh I think not, mine is listed in there.

So do you think that could possibly be why the sound isn't working?

I have the same problem chrome or edge do not show on my volume mixer

I finally got mine working!! Here is what I did....

go to the Chrome "settings" in the 3 dot drop down, scroll down and click "advanced", under "Privacy and Security" click on "Content settings", scroll down to "Sound"........mine said "mute sites that play sound", I clicked on the arrow and clicked the on/off slide button and it changed to "allow sites to play sound" it also said (recommended)......and, apparently you can add sites that are "allowed" or "muted"

Hope it works for anyone else!!

I should add that I closed Chrome and then reopened it to be sure the new settings took .....

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed!

Finally Norm saves the day! Thanks

Micah will be eternally grateful.