Parts & Tools

The Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 2 is a portable Bluetooth speaker manufactured by Harman Kardon in 2015, identified by model number TR00236_B.

Why does my Harman Kardon doesn't power on even when connected to an a

Why does my new Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 2 being connected for the first time and charge for the first time doesn't anymore power on and just automatically shuts off every time i press the power button.

Please I need to know what to do. My onyx studio only play when AC is plugged in and goes off immediately power is out. Please I really need a solution so I can walk outside with my Harman Kardon and enjoy it more than being indoor always .

I am facing exactly the same issue. I changed the battery and use another AC. Without any success.

Mine plays then shuts down also after maybe 15 minutes

My speaker truns on then truns off

power not going to the Speaker. Power AC on after Red colour blinking. I bought 7 months before

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Hi @ First Bank Texas

If it works on AC but not on the battery, then perhaps the battery is failing (or has failed) and needs to be replaced.

What does the Power LED indicate when you connect the AC to charge the battery?

If it shows charging but still continues to flash slowly after a very long time (think 3-4 hours) then the battery will most probably need replacing.

How old is the speaker? If older than 2 years then perhaps the battery is at the end of its' useful life. Even rechargeable batteries have a lifespan, (depending on use of course)

Here is a link to the ifixit Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 2 Battery Replacement guide, which may be of some help.

Replacement batteries are available online. Just search for Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 2 battery to find suppliers that suit you.

Need to make sure the power cord is connected if the power liggt isnt flasing slowly when you connect it you are not going to get a charge your port that you connect the power to is probably askew and needs replacing if it brand new call harmon kamdon they fix / replace it for free as long as you got a reciept

I think this is my issue. I ordered a new cord & battery, still I get nothing. Are you talking about the wiring from the port to the circuit board? I do not have a receipt.

Eugene,

I have the same problem you describe but have not replaced chargers.

avsgobuyan will be eternally grateful.